Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: I started looking at #WebXR connected Christmas Tree lights… Snopek Games Godot Engine #weeknotesdynamicdevices.github.io/ChristmasTreeL… pic.twitter.com/3wRfDyS4jZ
- DoES Liverpool: Russ testing Russian 6C51H and 6J1P valves @doesliverpool today #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/afuvwElYG8
- Adrian McEwen: The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 790 – Working LED Controller Boards! dlvr.it/RmFmL5
- DoES Liverpool: Our smaller laser cutter, Sophia, is back in action, thanks to the efforts of Sean J, Mike G et al.
Here’s AJ putting together an outdoor sign ready for painting #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/526YIHnnlv
- Adrian McEwen: We now have two rooms of laser-cutters at DoES Liverpool so we can have twice as many people doing socially-distanced making #weeknotes twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Quick look at Adrian McEwen ‘s new lighting board in action. So simple to setup and use. He never ceases to impress #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/VwXbSQuxhM
- DoES Liverpool: Sad to say goodbye to Stefan Fehrenbach, one of our resident deskers, but the good news is he’s off to sunny Marseille #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yWy2tsz46M pic.twitter.com/4TXjBUYQjJ
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: It’s that time of year so if you’re looking for some amazing Christmas deals on your dinner Sam Williamson’s Butchers are the place to talk to! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yDJL9XjoUO
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Fun and games building up the bee sensor kit with Andrea #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IIJncXSRMB
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Getting there. Gonna mount up the sensors tomorrow #iotbeehive #weeknotes twitter.com/b4biodiversity… pic.twitter.com/O60FvHZPNG
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: I put my balena container up last night test streaming IR PiCam audio/video up to YouTube for the Andrea #iotbeehive project. It is still merrily running eighteen hours later. I love it when embedded tech. works reliably 🥳 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XnovMxsXHV
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Ok so the first bit of the fluid level sensor works as I wanted it do. Outputting a noise on the speaker. Now I just need a couple of probes to attach to put into cups of tea #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wtjZjXHKho
- DoES Liverpool: Lucky the weather held out for @gorman662 and Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ who’ve spent the afternoon installing PoE on the @tapestrylpl roof. It’s all gone really well and is now powering #iot sensors to monitor @b4biodiversity beehives #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/VexETt3UsF
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 01 December, 6:30pm-9:30pm
|Hack the Space Evening online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino
|Wednesday 02 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Liverpool Linux User Group online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino
|Thursday 03 December, 7:00pm-9:30pm
|Maker Night online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino
|Saturday 05 December, 10:00am-4:00pm
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 355 open, 1170 closed
3 new issues:
Featured issue: Reduce the draughts in the space. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed