Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation, especially if you’re thinking of coming in to the space. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
If you need visors then please fill in the “Request Visors” form at https://visors.doesliverpool.com/ – you don’t need to work for the NHS.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 787 – Laying Down Tracks, Tracking Down Components dlvr.it/RkmyHj
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: So me and the kids got started on our #ReverseAdventCalendar today Gary Millar Caroline Keep 🌟😊 ! Couldn’t find tinned potatoes @LidlGB. (What’s up with that?). How is everybody else doing? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ARtQPcWyaI
- Jackie Pease: Using some of the new clear heat shrink that @matthewcroughan got for DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sfcrOSTA1d
- Jackie Pease: Trying out some new #SK6812 #WLED lights as an upgrade to a project I helped out on a while ago. My Molex connectors are a bit flaky – @mcqn mcqn.com/ibal223 might be a better option #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/XsQQtMDm6p
- MCQN Ltd: Five pounds spent on an array of connectors, just to learn that a standard 0.1″ pitch header is the best option #Neopixel #MoneyWellSpent #ibal223 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cdprvBNmuf
- MCQN Ltd: Making use of the DoES Liverpool #LED Library (aka Jackie Pease‘s collection of lights) to test the #MyBabysGotLED prototype with a strip of #APA102 #Dotstar LEDs. Works very nicely! #weeknotes #ibal223 pic.twitter.com/hCr2hHoxad
- DoES Liverpool: Join us for our weekly #makernight. Every Thursday 7pm – 9pm.
General chat, show us your makes, tell us what you’re planning.
Online at jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino
- Adrian McEwen: Here’s that news you’ve been waiting for all week! No, not that election thing, I’ve got my new #Neopixel controller board finished and have set up a page where you can order one! mcqn.com/ibal223/ 🎉⚡️🚨 #weeknotes #LED #ESP8266 #OSHW
- DoES Liverpool: Beautiful knotted bracelet and hand painted box made by Paul H for his Mum’s birthday #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wGUhTZe3Oz
- DoES Liverpool: New member AJ, who was here for a laser induction earlier today. He takes part in Airsoft and is building an injection moulding machine to make components, so was interested to see ours (currently non-functional) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/to2w9s13iJ
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: Getting into some #AR today I reckon. Like my new look? Max Zadow ? #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Aʅҽx Lҽɳɳσɳ: OK so Julian Todd‘s brain has come up with some clever stuff on dihedrals for my fingers to implement for the Godot Engine. Hopefully going the right way…. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IeLPSpDcpX
- Adrian McEwen: The latest MCQN Ltd #weeknotes: Week 788 – Release To Production dlvr.it/RlFSNC #ibal223
- Jackie Pease: More pen plotter experiments, with Liquitex and Rotring pens (I think chris huffee must have done more iterations when he did the machine embroidery TSP!) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YvEx0ReBDC
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 09 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Hack the Space Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Tuesday 10 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group Online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
|Thursday 12 November, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Online at https://jitsi.doesliverpool.com/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 350 open, 1168 closed
3 new issues:
Featured issue: Install a great AV setup for the events room. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
Thanks amcewen, MatthewCroughan!