Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
We’ve been working with organisations across Liverpool, Manchester and beyond to produce effective, low-cost visors, to help healthcare professionals and others to keep doing their job throughout this crisis.
If you, or anyone you know, still needs visors (whatever your job – we’ve got plenty!) then please fill in this form.
Things of Note
- Jackie Pease: Trying out a laser cut polypropylene ‘skeleton’ for a facemask to hold the clear panel away from the face – seems promising #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/87nY6K9oOM
- DoES Liverpool: Here’s Mike Gorman on his first visit to @doesliverpool since lockdown. You can see how he’s been spending some of his time… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PTEUXNMtH3
- Jackie Pease: ☹️Difficult to photograph – delaminated glass on the base of a PETG print #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/C6mm3a0q2e
- Adrian McEwen: Just come across an old blog post about a combined #RepairCafe and #MakerDay in Liverpool that I attended before DoES Liverpool even existed! (although the hackspace meetup that grew into it was well underway by then) #weeknotes mcqn.net/mcfilter/archi…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 23 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 25 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 328 open, 1132 closed
2 new issues:
- Evaluate/buy new glass build plates for both Ultimakers
- Entrance phone-in procedure is broken, as audio is only going one way
Featured issue: Install the hatch between the kitchen and event room. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: