Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
We’ve been working with organisations across Liverpool, Manchester and beyond to produce effective, low-cost visors, to help healthcare professionals and others to keep doing their job throughout this crisis.
If you, or anyone you know, still needs visors (whatever your job – we’ve got plenty!) then please fill in this form.
Things of Note
- Jackie Pease: If you haven’t seen it yet, interesting online talk series, inc. for anyone involved in DoES Liverpool #repaircafe – there’ll be a recording of this one and there’s lots more over the next couple of weeks inc. sewing machines
- Jackie Pease: My first attempts at vacuum forming since Sean J fixed the @doesliverpool vacuum former last week 🙂
PP should work so maybe 0.5mm is a just a bit thin.
HIPS was fine – I just need some more and to make a former from something slightly less melty #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/43c6hmcaIB
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 18 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm
|Maker Night Online at
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 327 open, 1131 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Maglock in Events Room is loose. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- Migrate the Wearable related wiki content to the new Wearable Wiki
- Order A4 paper
- Order toner for M251N
- Apply for COVID-19 related government funding
- Buy new toner cartridges for Mike’s HP LaserJet 200 color M251N
- The vac-former has excessive earth leakage current in use