Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
We’ve been working with organisations across Liverpool, Manchester and beyond to produce effective, low-cost visors, to help healthcare professionals and others to keep doing their job throughout this crisis.
If you, or anyone you know, still needs visors (whatever your job – we’ve got plenty!) then please fill in this form.
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Patrick from FACT_Liverpool who came by today to pick up some of our visors for their security guards.
Anyone else who’s in need of visors, please get in touch via visors.doesliverpool.com
- Adrian McEwen: Spending today jamming with a bunch of people around Europe (and maybe further afield?) at the ThingsCon #StayAtHomeJam. Probably going to play around with the ESP32 camera modules I’ve had knocking around for a while #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fiOlR1lIoe
- Adrian McEwen: I’ve continued chipping away at my #15MinuteCity experiments over at trips.mcqn.com I’ve now got it generating 5/10/15 minute walking isochrones and loading them onto the OpenCycleMap tiles #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/kaJpRu5579
- Adrian McEwen: Added Toxteth, and the area-within-15-minutes’-cycling (in blue) to the maps. Got rid of the 5 and 10 minute zones as it was getting a bit cluttered. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hOyEsLXTNM
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 09 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino|
|Thursday 11 June, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night Online at https://meet.jit.si/bubblino
(We had a rare appearance from Mike Gorman last week!)
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 332 open, 1125 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Get new 20mm o-rings to go behind the intermediate mirrors. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
- Neither Ultimaker is working – they seem to have filament stuck
- Gerald’s default copy of Lasercut doesn’t work