Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
We’ve been working with hospitals across Liverpool, Manchester and beyond to produce effective, low-cost visors, to help healthcare professionals keep doing their job throughout this crisis.
Click here to find out more.
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Visor volunteer bdhuk using our new industrial 4 hole punch – it gets through loads more visor shields in one go! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JiSX7R917l
- DoES Liverpool: As well as producing our visors, we’ve also been working on some ventilator parts over the weekend to fulfill an emergency delivery for JPUH NHS FT. Amazing job to those in production that turned this around so quickly! Alex Lennon #Ventilators #weeknotes #ProtectTheNHS pic.twitter.com/VBUJWVMAFV
- Adrian McEwen: Breezing through the 8000 #COVID19 #visors mark from the DoES Liverpool #volunteer #MutualAid effort. With the part-full box in the foreground it’s 8300 🎉✊ #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SD2GxVWNyM
- Adrian McEwen: Make that 8400 now. And that’s not including the #3DPrinted visors that we’re producing with Sean Tomlinson at LSTM, where another 1000 have been shipped! #weeknotes twitter.com/SeanTomlinson3…
- John Hitchin: Week 6 of COVID #weeknotes. Thinking a lot about governance this week, and would to know if there is any research being done on what this period is doing to decision making renaisi.com/2020/04/27/cov…
- laura pullig: It’s our DoES Liverpool #wearables #wearabletech meetup tonight from 7pm. Join us at meet.jit.si/bubblino to catch up about natural dyeing ideas and techniques like ‘Shibori’ and an update on the DoES PPE effort #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FJ57D5MSIS
- Ross Dalziel: Thanks serena pollastri for chairing & kit testing with my awesome supervision team Rod Dillon Jen Southern Paul Coulton keeping me on track exploring & making CriticalKits together ✊🐛🦗🐝🦑🦐🐁 #weeknotes twitter.com/sere_miru/stat…
- DoES Liverpool: A great end to the week, delivering our 10,000th #COVID19 visors 😍🎉😍 Here’s Dean from LHCH collecting their latest order, which takes us over that milestone #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5XQTCCGjwo
- chris huffee: Under the circumstances we had no choice but to bring in this polypropylene harvest early despite the bad weather. Normally we’d not need to dry a crop this way…
Coming Up in the Next Week
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 331 open, 1112 closed
7 new issues:
- Get new mirrors and lenses for Gerald
- Buy some more IPA (isopropyl alcohol)
- Buy some spare filter elements for the laser room extraction system
- Rename the wearable wiki page
- Update our Google business listing when lockdown over
- New laser cutter guidance
- Felicity misbehaving
7 issues closed:
- Felicity misbehaving
- Order some new nitrile gloves
- Have phone in the Event Room ring for outside calls
- Buy new labels for the Dymo Printer
- Buy a new toner cartridge for th HP Laser Jet Pro M402dn black and white printer
- Buy new scalpels, blades and sharps disposal boxes
- Doorbot 4 not working