Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Click here for details of the measures we’re currently taking related to the COVID-19 situation. We’ll keep you updated if anything changes – make sure you’re following us via our Google Group, and/or via social media.
Things of Note
- violetmaze 🐨 💬🦔💬🐨: DoES Liverpool #WeekNotes twitter.com/michalnaka/sta…
- Matthew Croughan: I’ve been visited by Ross Atkin from London, we talked about robots and stuff. Lots of detailed conversation was uttered about robot development between him and Julian Todd. Much better than potentially infecting eachother with Covid. DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/TdRZfLyzxG
- Adrian McEwen: Ah, back before shit got real. Now we’ve got the immediate response from DoES Liverpool sorted I’m clearing some thinking space to look a bit further ahead #weeknotes twitter.com/Freerange_Inc/…
- Jackie Pease: I imagine this being of interest to a few people at @doesliverpool : old books on ham radio, Nixie tubes, transistors etc. #weeknotes twitter.com/tamhanna/statu…
- Alex Lennon: Getting prepped for social isolation with the kids #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SMxZDzXocS
- chris huffee: Rendering a photograph in two colours of yarn on the DoES Liverpool knitting machine, with Jackie Pease #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OlNiGILN1q
- DoES Liverpool: This week’s Wearable Tech meetup will be an online Show and Tell.
7pm Tues 24 March at meet.jit.si/bubblino
Everyone welcome – chat about your projects and plans, or just watch.
laura pullig will be talking about this soft circuit kit she’s created for workshops #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jOHu61raJb
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 24 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group – Online Show and Tell|
|Thursday 26 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night (online – follow us on social media for more details)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 320 open, 1092 closed
3 new issues:
- Gerald not cutting
- How can we help each other during Covid-19
- Use Jitsi for online event meetings instead of hangouts as a response to Covid-19
Featured issue: Work out and set up an induction process for the CNC router. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Gerald not cutting
- Use Jitsi for online event meetings instead of hangouts as a response to Covid19
- Install bed levelling sensor on alex-cr10s