Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon (making 🍀 Tam O’ Shanter’s 💰🐮🎤): Got the HyperRAM PMOD PCBs in for the #BlackIceMx from OSH Park. Yay! #weeknotes Lawrie Griffiths Al pic.twitter.com/o0kLVLbt5F
- laura pullig: Working on a kit tonight at wearable tech night DoES Liverpool. It’s for workshop next week with Project Collective to explore movement using sensors and actuators. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jLghc3tWrd
- Adrian McEwen: Took a copy of the Hannah Festival directory over to Norris Green to Little Sandbox / SandboxWorkshop. Each time I visit they’ve got more #makerspace kit and are busier with makers making and learning business and kids learning and using tech #weeknotes #LiverpoolHannahLinks pic.twitter.com/9YaeL9mNu5
- Jess Shannon: Snake over E1.31 (DMX), controlling a WLED neopixel. Just because I could. Will look good when the whole light wall is up and running! NodeJs source here github.com/jesshannon/sna… if you run this in DoES Liverpool network it should just work #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/3mZfF5L6cK
- chris huffee: Thanks to a lesson from Jackie Pease for the #ayab knitting machine lessons hackaday #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/0aNmnvUpqQ
- Adrian McEwen: As ever, algorithms make strange choices about the ordering of things… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/bqnVIm759o
- Adrian McEwen: The DoES Liverpool #vinylcutter is finally back in action, so I’ve updated the #quote poster in the stairwell of @tapestrylpl #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/B9uFD1bg0vz/…
- Adrian McEwen: Also tried out a #3Dprinted pen adapter for the #vinylcutter to let me use biros in it rather than custom pens, and had a play with Evil Mad Scientist #stipplegen for some nice text infill. Now I need to find some nicer pens for more experiments #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/I6LGuOqG4N
Coming Up in the Next Week
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR SOCIAL MEDIA AND GOOGLE GROUP FOR THE LATEST SITUATION; IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE EVENTS ARE BEING CANCELLED AT SHORT NOTICE
|Tuesday 17 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 18 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Thursday 19 March, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 19 March, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 320 open, 1089 closed
5 new issues:
- Upgrade the wings for WLED and big battery unit
- Submit company accounts for 2018-2019 period
- Small bandsaw blade required
- Order more members boxes
- Unblock laser cutter filter
Featured issue: Events space doorbot (doorbot1) failing. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed: