Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to secure the #IoT): Here we are OpenEmbedded developer day #DigitYser Events. Thanks to Yocto Project for supporting. Philip opening things up… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FE4qpqB0bt
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to secure the #IoT): Kind of awesome that Baltic Broadband are experimenting with mounting brackets that we printed with our new Creality #resin printer DoES Liverpool for them! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pv2epyKlZf
- DoES Liverpool: Last night of our 4 week Wearable Tech Workshop series: using #micropython and n #esp8266 to control LEDs and #neopixels with the pressure sensors we made in week one #weeknotes instagram.com/p/B8Khk60ns42/…
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to secure the #IoT): Happy day! Our WiFi Securities embedded team leader
Seimon Williams has the new NXP i.MX8 board booting the Foundries.io #lmp from eMMC! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/b11BjQn3lu
- DoES Liverpool: The Big Fix is when 100s of Repair Cafés around the country open up on the same day to help people fix things! DoES Liverpool is happy to join them this year for Big Fix 2020! We’ll be open from 11am – 3pm on Saturday 15th February and everyone’s welcome.
#repaircafe #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/92LoNz7g6T
- DoES Liverpool: Sean’s dial gauge…we used this to set up the axes on Monty, which are now good to within 0.01 mm 😁#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/9Jpwwj5veT
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to secure the #IoT): Fun DoES Liverpool #MakerDay with the WS600-PICO ($2 MicroPython) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IasbjUuOKv
- Alex Lennon (wondering how to secure the #IoT): FINALLY got a CI pipeline building meta-mono commits against the supported releases (Zeus, Warrior, Thud). And they actually bloody build and test successfully! My life’s work is complete #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 11 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Thursday 13 February, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 13 February, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 15 February, 11:00am-3:00pm||The Big Fix at DoES Liverpool|
|Sunday 16 February, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 315 open, 1072 closed
6 new issues:
- Fabric District Festival 11- 14 June 2020
- Liverpool Makefest – 27 June 2020 – DoES Liverpool stand
- Mount the new full length mirror in the accessible toilet
- Plug the hole in the wall by the entrance to the Events Space
- Apply more wax to Dinky table
- Kitchen fridge is leaking slightly
Featured issue: Install a hearing loop inside event rooms. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: