Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Figured out how to cast from the Oculus #Quest to the TV #Firestick. This is the boy explaining Beat Saber #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Nvl24GVUvD
- Ross Dalziel: Afternoon sorting out a brilliant range of tools donated by Dr Mark Wright from his brother Andrew a #maker and tinkerer who sadly passed away last year. DoES Liverpool depends on this kind of generosity and care; a community who love sharing tools and Know-How! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/bf8WTqNLpp
- Ross Dalziel: Dr Mark Wright DoES Liverpool Sounds like Andrew would’ve loved DoES! Reflecting how depending on donated tools means everything you use has this rich material & social history to them; ‘course new tools are just starting to build their stories; tho’ our 3D printers already have tales to tell 😉 #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Interested in #wearabletech Liverpool School of Art & Design Fab Lab Liverpool Liverpool MakeFest ? Play with #neopixels #esp8266 #microbit #micropython #sewing #textiles to build practical knowledge on a 4 week evening course making electronic wearables #weeknotes DoES Liverpool eventbrite.co.uk/e/wearable-tec…
- Alex Lennon: Not long now ’til our very own Matthew Croughan starts his talk on #Balena livlug here DoES Liverpool !!! #MakeSpaceLive #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: And we’re just about to go LIVE now with Matthew Croughan talking livlug about his experiences with balena and pretty much everything! #MakeSpaceLive #WeekNotesyoutube.com/watch?v=4WXkg0…
- DoES Liverpool: He lives! Proof that Monty (the Massive Laser-cutter) Burns! Excellent work from Nuclear Sean and gorman662 #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/B7HI0u_HK8C/…
- DoES Liverpool: We’ve just received a parcel of goodies for the #wearables group, surplus parts from Graham Ogle who used them in jackets he made for a polar expedition #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/vjxD17E9X3
- Nate: Week 2 #weeknotes back to bullets nathan.fm/blog/week-2 #workingoutloud
- Jackie Pease: Good day Ladies of Code Liverpool mainly playing with the knitting machine with Rae and Jax✌️🇪🇺 – setting up new #ayab board ordered from Victoria Pawlik, but mostly learning to cast on. Sam Meech said that would take time! Looking forward to being able to do some p5.js #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/loxb9PvJoG
- DoES Liverpool: Busy day today at @doesliverpool #weeknotes: Ladies of Code Liverpool’s Coding Hangout in Dinky (then the event space when they ran out of room), our monthly Maker Day in the main space, and games development and… instagram.com/p/B7MYmqhn_HF/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 14 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Wednesday 15 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Thursday 16 January, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 16 January, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Sunday 19 January, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Plastic Playgroup (DoES Workshop)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 302 open, 1067 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Write some tweets/FB posts/etc. the Fabric District can send out to tell people what we offer. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed