Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Wow. I think he’s got the open GitHub issues for DoES Liverpool displaying now! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/uZJABwfZAn
- CriticalKits: And as usual we’ll also be looking at some algae critters travel round tiny channels made of PDMS silicon using discarded electronic integrated chip reference numbers as moulds. Here you can see them swimming around an #ESP32 IC’s lettering #weeknotes twitter.com/jackie_pease/s… pic.twitter.com/KA6V5MhFrC
- Ross Dalziel: Not the most glamorous #wearables #biomaterials evening but after algae watching and image finding, tidying up, labeling and repositioning micropython GitHub open issue displays is still important as I’m sure Festival of Maintenance appreciate #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hTmPSCJJNx
- DoES Liverpool: We’re delighted to welcome The Prince’s Trust, who are running their Digital Skills Workshop here in DoES Liverpool this month.The Trust does excellent work, and we’re very happy to be a small part of that.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please get in touch!
- Alex Lennon: On me ‘ead son! #3dprinting #makernight #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/oZQiZMELnA
- Ross Dalziel: dunno if this video annotator useful for the computer viz Julian Todd or Matthew Croughan playing with gitlab.com/polavieja_lab/… it’s pretty specific to tracking multiple organisms, but it’s the python source of the GUI I was using t’other week on Alex Lennon rig #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Interesting night tonight at Baltic Market with Max Zadow and co. We really need a way to connect students and graduates with experienced engineers in Liverpool. Any thoughts? #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Meet Gregory DoES Liverpool #MakerDay #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/sHjiMxnX5C
- Alex Lennon: Lovely #makerday today DoES Liverpool. Liz and Bella did lots of 3D printing and made ‘phone cases #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WmnJvlQEYX
- Jackie Pease: Another good Plastic Tactics #plasticplaygroup at @doesliverpool. More pretty PLA recycling and Arthur taught us some basic CNC skills – thanks #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/o3K7mEqhi8
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 17 September, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 18 September, 9:30am-5:30pm||Princes Trust|
|Wednesday 18 September, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Thursday 19 September, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 19 September, 7:00pm-9:30pm||<a href=”https://github.com/DoESLiverpool/somebody-should/wiki/Maker-night“>Maker Night|
|Thursday 19 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Socialist Worker Party|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 255 open, 991 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Construct the crowdfunder reward “Wall of Heroes”. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- Strange networking issues today, DNS?
- Install some storage for ear plugs in the CNC router
- Return Defence Dress mannequin stand to Fabrication
- Felicity has a troublesome temperature sensor
- Fix the dripping tap on right hand sink in kitchen
- Install sensor to record the whole electricity usage in the space
Thanks johnmckerrell, DoESsean, magman2112, goatchurchprime!