Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: 🤔 Wondered if we could use 10mm industrial felt for the cufflink box inserts instead of plastic. Nice material, but it laser-cuts terribly ☹️ I expected the burnt-hair smell, but you get a nasty crusty edge to it. Still, if you don’t try, you don’t learn. #weeknotes #ibal211 pic.twitter.com/AAVsFr7Sxq
- Alex Lennon: Pitching up here in Amsterdam with a bagful of #IoT toys for the #NuttX expo kickoff tomorrow! #excited #innovate #makersmake #weeknotes twitter.com/acassis/status…
- Adrian McEwen: .John Cassidy pitching the DoES Liverpool/North Wales Tech /further-afield #LoRaWAN/#LPWAN/etc. meshing project at the Pycom #GOINVENT workshop here at Digital Catapult #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jbtZZEvWsE
- Alex Lennon: Nice little piece of kit from Sony. The #Spresense. Just completing a workshop with this running #NuttX. 100uA chip in low power with a special sensor power domain activated and polling sensors Tina FIFO with IIR analysis. Pretty cool. Now beer time #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5s7wIasIW6
- Mersey SEO: I thought I was going in to DoES Liverpool to do some work for an SEO client. But it’s nearly end of term, so LittleMissBossy demanded I fire up the dye sub printer and make something more fun. Been told off for wrong colours already! #BadDad #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pFu7bZiW10
- DoES Liverpool: Time to empty the #CNC cyclone. A clean workshop is a happy workshop #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/k3PeQh5ZIP
- MCQN Ltd: The spoils of today’s work. Unsoldering 150 yellow not-bright-enough 0805 LEDs. Got part way through soldering the replacements on, so the cufflinks will shine properly #ibal211 #LEDs #bling #6TimesCuplinks #fails #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/8aDoum3AxD
- Nate: Week 27 #weeknotes ‘Prioritisation’ link.medium.com/P9JZtGddsY #workingoutloud
- John Cassidy: Using Pycom kit to set up an #pymesh IPv6 network is a piece of cake.Watching the election results has never been this much fun.
Watching the leader try to take back control ends predictably 🏴☠️👑
( kit used is FiPy / LoPy4 / Pytrack / Exp board 3) pic.twitter.com/rUnTMR6vAn
- MCQN Ltd: Calipers + laser-cutter + array output setting + coke can box inner = quickly upcycled component drawer labels#upcycle #upcycling #workshop #organization #organizing #cardboard #cardboardpackaging #electronics #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Xvj1FvIHNb
- Adrian McEwen: Finished poster. Now I need to find a few bulldog clips and somewhere to hang it.#poster #plotterart #quotes #plotter #plottertwitter #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tBm56E111b
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 23 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Wednesday 24 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||IoT Liverpool|
|Thursday 25 July, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Amazon Web Services meetup|
|Thursday 25 July, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
|Friday 26 July, 6:00pm-8:00pm||DoES Liverpool Futuregazing|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 260 open, 923 closed
4 new issues:
- Hang a steel ruler (or two?) to in the laser-cutter room
- Rumbling/Groaning noise from Gerald’s Belly.
- Cut Worktop in Alcove Down
- Build shelves/storage units for First Aid Boxes
Featured issue: Clean the windows in the kitchen . Can we move this on or close it?
23 issues closed:
- Rumbling/Groaning noise from Gerald’s Belly.
- Support work experience placement
- Put musical instruments on the walls in Nook
- Create an artistic yet functional randomness generator
- Clear the recess (alcove)
- Get a desk lamp (or similar) for the events room
- Test support for OctoPrint / OctoPi with Ultimaker
- Design a weekly green light/red light voting system
- Plan layout of the recess now that laser cutter Morris has been moved to the laser cutter room
- Check on First Aid kits for New Year.
- New Poster Frames
- Ikea Shopping List
- Create Mailbox for Paid Work
- Investigate flickering of LED lighting in main room
- Organise kid-friendly coworking meetup
- Buy new expanding wall bolts for the “bike securing smiley faces”
- Determine maximum occupancy figures for areas within the new space
- Propose a VR room / area at the next DoES community meeting
- Make a cable hanging place for shared public cables
- Mill a soldering stand out of aluminium
- Create wiki instructions & agree a consumables pricing model for the Ricoh sublimation printer
- Make advice for disabled limited mobility visitors
- Build a bigger wire-spool holder for the electronics workbench