Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Zarino Zappia: The latest in The Tapestry BeeWatch: Andrea prepares the good folk of DoES Liverpool for the chance of a “game of thrones”-style faceoff between two or more new queens from one of the hives on our roof. All very exciting. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/y6MyvOUfa2
- Alex Lennon: We’re getting there. Goatchurch had a framebuffer displaying across these four rows. Need to come up with some nice effects for #MakeFest2019 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/m3NEmioaCC
- MCQN Ltd: Looking forward to trying out this 10mm industrial felt in the DoES Liverpool laser-cutter. We are in Fabric District after all… #laser #felt #digital #fabric #fabrication #lasercutter #ibal211 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nwtr5x3R9d
- Alex Lennon: The Big Red LED is nearly ready for #MakeFest2019 #DoESLiverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/rLJ4lL7JVT
- Alex Lennon: Getting ready for a record breaking #maker attempt tomorrow #LivMF2019 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/vTiKBpkcEE
- Alex Lennon: Node-RED Twitter Lovely. Working just as expected. Just need to hook up the #ESP8266 driving the screen to the #MQtt broker tomorrow and I’m good to go #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HAhmbdoet2
- Adrian McEwen: The DoES Liverpool stand at Liverpool MakeFest from above! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pLR4PrKIW7
- Alex Lennon: Our Liverpool MakeFest world record breaking rocket attempt is now up! #weeknotes 👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/IBHLWUv0Di
- Alex Lennon: What a team effort that was! #awesomeengineering #weeknotes twitter.com/huffeec/status…
- John Cassidy: Super excited to have joined the SatNOGS community with our very own station DoES Liverpool .Station 827 said hello to NOAA 15 late evening on Saturday.
Waterfall and data successfully received but maybe a rotator on the roof will help.
- Alex Lennon: Finally found some time to build #babycnc here DoES Liverpool #weeknotes #makersmaking pic.twitter.com/tUG3ZTPNKQ
- DoES Liverpool: We had a great time at #livmf19 – lots of members of the DoES Liverpool community took part, and some new projects were built specifically for the event. Thanks to them, to all the other inspiring participants, and to the organisers – looking forward to next year #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ZNLzAXlASx
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 01 July, 10:00am-3:00pm||Sale Sharks – Private Booking – Events Room|
|Monday 01 July, 6:30pm-9:00pm||XR Liverpool|
|Tuesday 02 July, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Tuesday 02 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Wednesday 03 July, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 04 July, 5:30pm-7:30pm||Climate Justice Workshop|
|Thursday 04 July, 7:00pm-9:30pm||https://github.com/DoESLiverpool/somebody-should/wiki/Maker-night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 315 open, 848 closed
4 new issues:
- Creality CR10-S printer is failing with “thermal runaway”
- Need to buy more nitryl gloves
- Gerald has some earthing/shock issues that need resolving
- Fix the dripping tap on right hand sink in kitchen
Featured issue: Perform an audit of the small tools, etc in the Workshop. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed