Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: First coffee of the week DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/S4m35ZAt4A
- DoES Liverpool: Latest bit of tech in the space – Julian is experimenting with a #telepresence #robot #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/doesliverpool/…
- Adrian McEwen: Hope this gorgeous P & D Italian Deli torta makes it up the hill to DoES Liverpool okay #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Qli5LpoIN5
- Adrian McEwen: Hearing all about Vodafone IoT and their #NBIoT offering at the IoT Liverpool Meetup meetup at DoES Liverpool this evening #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/SuIuDcQV87
- Alex Lennon: Guild of Makers I’m Alex. This week I made a PiZero PiCam into an automatic number plate recognition #ANPR system #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/QEwDvs15h6
- Adrian McEwen: Always nice to explain what we’re up to at DoES Liverpool to a bunch of interesting people doing exciting work #weeknotes twitter.com/UnravelTomorro…
- Paul Fawkesley: Focus, focus, focus fluidkeys.com/weeknotes/week #weeknotes
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Thanks once again to John Tuersley, who heads up the Global Open Labs Vodafone IoT for coming to speak to us last week on #NBIoT and 5G. For those of you who couldn’t attend the live stream is now up on the DoES Liverpool YouTube channel here #weeknotesyoutu.be/7BuUUa3zRyU
- Alex Lennon: So looking at this power utilisation graph it should be trivial for us to create a Node-RED flow which alerts when 3D printer prints finish Julian Todd #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/T7AOLkfY6I
- Alex Lennon: Here’s the light level sensor I put together today withe an #ESP8266 #Lolin and an LDR board. Pointed out of the window DoES Liverpool. Publishing values per 1s to our MQtt broker for Grafana display on our dashboard. (Values currently inverted – watch dusk fall) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YBfcHcZjcY
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 21 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Thursday 23 May, 7:00pm-9:30pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 305 open, 828 closed
2 new issues:
- Update the listing on the Make: Makerspace directory
- Place a fan in the internal windows to pump warm air across
Featured issue: Perform an audit of the small tools, etc in the Workshop. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed: