Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Hiya Jackie Pease. Made some progress. Hopefully this gives you a base to work from #wearables #weeknotes DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/hwbv09xUNj
- DoES Liverpool: It’s been a big few days here – as well as appearing on The Gadget Show on Friday, we’ve also become the first #coworking space in #Liverpool (and second #makerspace nationwide) to be accredited by Living Wage Foundation#livingwage #socialmobility #weeknotes #setthestandard #bethebar
- Adrian McEwen: Looking forward to hearing about (and discussing) tools and spaces for collaboration with the Wildlabs.net community wildlabs.net/virtual-meetup… (from the comfort of my desk in co-working and makerspace DoES Liverpool 🙂 #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Prototype headdress for our “Fabulous Fascinators” workshop on 9 June, part of #fdartsfest. Fabric District are funding materials for the workshop, meaning we can offer tickets for just £10! You can get tickets here: eventbrite.co.uk/e/fabulous-fas… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/QzH1gupWnS
- DoES Liverpool: Look out for more details coming up on the Fabric District Festival! There’s loads going on – @doesliverpool is taking part with events including a special maker day, #wearabletech exhibition and workshop #fdartsfest #weeknotes twitter.com/TapestryLpl/st…
- MCQN Ltd: Enjoying the new amp circuit development for museuminabox_ #weeknotes #electronics #audio #amp #prototyping #ibal151 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BxP-VldB0MJ/…
- Paul Fawkesley: Another productive week! We released v1.1 and started making it possible to edit a team #weeknotesfluidkeys.com/weeknotes/week…
- Robotorium: Been awake since just gone eight, because my 10-year-old thought I might forget it’s Makerday today. #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: First successful rocket launch in the space 🚀☑️ #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/doesliverpool/…
- chris huffee: Testing rockets at DoES Liverpool makerday for Little Sandbox #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/UW456iQOHe
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 14 May, 6:00pm-7:00pm||Fabric District Festival planning meeting|
|Tuesday 14 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Wednesday 15 May, 5:30pm-9:30pm||Jasmin’s Environmental Workshop|
|Wednesday 15 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||IoT Liverpool|
|Thursday 16 May, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 16 May, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 305 open, 826 closed
6 new issues:
- Create a RPi based Quantum Simulator
- Trial Sonoff wall switches & PIR sensors
- Threshold strip on main door may be loose
- Document instructions for the PA system
- Fix up PC installation procedure
- Update our Twitter banner image
Featured issue: Find a way to get github to send email notifications to the laser team. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- Living Wage Accreditation
- Buy some new tips for the Thermaltronics soldering iron
- Sillhouette Studio not rendering DXFs on RolandPC
- Order more filament for the 3D printers
- Thermaltronics soldering iron microswitch sometimes sticks
- Investigate Gerald laser cutte software crashes
Thanks DoESsean, amcewen, MatthewCroughan!