Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: Tomorrow is the DoES Liverpool #wearables meetup from 7pm so we’ll be more than likely be thinking about wearable sensors, LEDs, #biomaterials & DIY #microfluidics meanwhile Ill be measuring up the microscope for something like thingiverse.com/thing:3347812 #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Hi guys! Tomorrow I have the honour of helping Guild of Makers, hosting
#MakersHour out of DoES Liverpool at Liverpool’s very own The Tapestry Fabric District. I look forward to hearing what everybody’s been up to!🛠️🎥📡🔦🧯🔫🧲✂️⚗️ #weeknotes twitter.com/GuildOfMakers/…
- Alex Lennon: That moment when you’ve been looking forward to the end of the day so you could buy some scampi and bacon fries from Home Bargains and you get there just too late #FML #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Learning all about #robots and #ROS from Martí this evening at the IoT Liverpool Meetup at DoES Liverpool #iot #iotday #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/F2keALB6ZC
- Adrian McEwen: Shout out for Oceanic IoT from Martí at IoT Liverpool Meetup tonight. His demo robot uses one of the Dark Water Tech motor boards for Raspberry Pi #ROS #IoT #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nnHQ7yyuua
- Alex Lennon: It occurs to me Robotorium chris huffee (a) animated GIFs are a thing and (b) GIF to Image converters are a thing. #automation #weeknotes twitter.com/embedded_iot/s…
- Alex Lennon: Ding ding ding! We’re all running around the Ackers Bell here DoES Liverpool KQ Liverpool getting ready for the excitement of #MakersHour from 8pm tonight with Guild of Makers #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wwGwmE0qWw
- Adrian McEwen: I’ve written up (and linked to our team presentation) what we got up to at the Liverpool Service Jam the other week, looking at ways to draw Fabric District and Everton closer together dlvr.it/R2StQL #weeknotes #GSJam #ServiceDesign #regeneration #community #IslingtonDivide
- Alex Lennon: Cambridge Universtiy Boat Race Alumni Reception 2019 #flickr #weeknotes flic.kr/p/RHk26P
- Adrian McEwen: Fixing the DoES Liverpool phone, and doors entry system, because our IP address has changed. #ModernLife #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Some of the Synthesisers that will be present at Mike Gorman’s “Liverpool Synthesiser Meet” DoES Liverpool tomorrow – from 10:00am till 5:00pm #MakerDay #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WeIoFECNad
- Alex Lennon: Just spotted that the David Rutland’s CyberPunks.com article on my #RFID #BioHacking implant is now up on the site! Kudos to Dangerous Things for their great work designing these and Holier Than Thou for putting it in! #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark DrLucyRogers – Inventor With A Sense Of Funcyberpunks.com/biohacking-imp…
- Alex Lennon: Today DoES Liverpool – Julian Todd has been let loose on the taps! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/j1oQE5stnH
- Alex Lennon: Love the #glassart by David Frazer here. Anthony and I modelled for this! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Mo7yOvZJV2
- Laura James: #weeknotes – software sustainability in various forms bit.ly/2GluAQW Interesting links thanks to Jeni Tennison Ian Brown Duncan Reynolds and others
- Zarino Zappia: Today’s good deed: Jackie Pease and I needed some cable ties, so we took some from DoES Liverpool’s chaotic cable tie tub, and sorted the rest by colour and length. Perfection. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/je3tZ0vKhZ
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 16 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Sewing Club|
|Thursday 18 April, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 18 April, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 305 open, 804 closed
4 new issues:
- Get all the sonoff POW2 power meter switches into useful places
- Payment details missing
- Sillhouette Studio not rendering DXFs on RolandPC
- Support work experience placement
Featured issue: Put some shelves up above the 3D printer bench. Can we move this on or close it?
6 issues closed:
- Payment details missing
- Cordless phone isn’t working
- Fit water powered LED mixer accessory to various taps
- Blinds for Dinky.
- Install baby-change facilities in the accessible toilet
- Put together a training session around MicroPython and ESP8266