Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- John McKerrell: Still can’t get this voip phone to make calls but I’ve got the DoES Liverpool logo and the CTU/24 ringtone so does it really matter? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/xehWzK6CR7
- Zarino Zappia: Tried Bite Club Kitchen for the first time today, despite having worked DoES Liverpool in the Fabric District for almost a year. Long overdue! Food was lovely! #weeknotes OOI Bite Club Kitchen if I return the cleaned plastic box would you be able to reuse it?
- Plastic Tactics: Thanks to Martin from Precious Plastic Lancaster for visiting last night – we worked together on a mold for recycled plastic using the CNC at DoES Liverpool#collaboration #weeknotes #plasticrecycling #socialenterprise pic.twitter.com/Sff135lEzl
- Laura James: #Weeknotes – inconsequential picking at ideas of technical debt, the fourth industrial revolution, and other miscellany such as pallets bit.ly/2IiqZob
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 09 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||IoT Liverpool|
|Tuesday 09 April, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Thursday 11 April, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 11 April, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Friday 12 April, 4:00pm-9:00pm||Stephanie McLeod Tech/Art Presentation|
|Saturday 13 April, 10:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Synthesiser Meet|
|Saturday 13 April, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 307 open, 798 closed
7 new issues:
- Paint adjustable shelves.
- Replace white shelf supports with black ones on North wall.
- Make a “Do Epic ____” split-flap display
- Replace the Hard Disk drives on all the “Bubblino” PC’s with SSD’s
- Door handle and lock broken on door for Dinky
- Add vinyl lettering in the lift to reinforce the message that you have to keep the button pressed
- Repaint damp patch on the wall in the less-accessible toilet
Featured issue: Replace bent rod on the Ultimaker 2 extended. Can we move this on or close it?
9 issues closed:
- Put up shelving in the alcove for Mailboxes
- Rearrange fridges
- Floorboard in events room has broken
- Gerald slipping on x axis
- Update rooms page on wiki
- List of building snags
- Create a glue and solvents section on the wiki and in a shelf
- Organise a baby and toddler work day in the events room
- Distribute new flyers/posters to places we can advertise