Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Beautiful little nudie on Shark and Yolanda Reef blue o two #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/N5xq5HYruV
- Alex Lennon: Having fun in the Red Sea with blue o two #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/YuXfZ8ibLT
- Alex Lennon: A cup of tea then I’m going to try to find some dolphins #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/dlkHlALFR5
- Electric Flapjack: It’s #weeknotes time: electronics and adjustments on The Clydesdale guitar, and reflections on designing guitars to be tested; and a visit to DoES Liverpool to meet some new people.electricflapjack.com/blog/2019/2/4/…
- Adrian McEwen: Matt Jukes Jonathan The DoES Liverpool community writes #weeknotes but our magic script does the opposite – it collates all the tweets with #weeknotes into our weekly #weeknotes blog post
- Adrian McEwen: Matt Jukes Jonathan DoES Liverpool Should’ve also said, the script is all #opensource github.com/DoESLiverpool/… in case anyone wants to run their own. Just spotted we’ve been #weeknotes-ing for 6 years now! O_o
- Adrian McEwen: The newly reorganised #lasercutter #workshop in DoES Liverpool is looking *chef’s kiss*. Sophia the Smaller laser-cutter now a bit lower so #smallpeople and those in wheelchairs can #LaserCutAllTheThings #weeknotes Great work from all the community members who did the rejig! pic.twitter.com/o4KncIdpO7
- Alex Lennon: Beautiful night dive tonight at the Aquarium with blue o two #bluefin #scubadiving #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1bw61j7Fco
- DoES Liverpool: Huge thanks to Nicolas F. 🇪🇺 and all at #Vulca for including us on their UK tour. It was wonderful to get to know them, and show them exactly what we do.We love to meet Makers from around the world – what we have in common will always be stronger than our differences #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Awesome to meet Kisha Bradley from #grilswithdrills. We’re really looking forward to hosting her here at the end of April for a #Maker workshop. Will it be planters, coat racks, ottomans (ottomen?), or something else? You should probably keep an eye out and see… #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Karen A Scott Maker plotting some guerilla embroidery at @doesliverpool #makernight #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BtmKgTNA5Nw/…
- MCQN Ltd: A tower of Museum in a Box parcels, en route with Adrian McEwen to the NW. See you soon Liverpool Libraries and Information Services, Spark Penketh Makerspace, pat link and The Turnpike! 😁🎉🎉🎉 #myomb #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2DbFxwhHN3
- DoES Liverpool: We’re pleased to formally adopt our new Safe Spaces policy and Grievance procedure, which we’ve now published on our Wiki. You can access them from the Home page #weeknotes
- John Cassidy: Hang on to your spread factors. Let’s really see what these Pycom RF modules can do on tuned 2dBi antennas with a VSWR of 1.12. Tourist route this time though. What Storm Erik? #weeknotes #ducting #lpwan #LoRaWAN #nontheorybased pic.twitter.com/HWfaG6ZlgF
- MCQN Ltd: Visualising tap #dancing pressure #data with laurapullig_ sole_rebel_tap_uk Jackie Pease and Zarino #ibal206 #weeknotes #WhatDoesHealthLookLike @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BtqVQmAAxui/…
- Alex Lennon: Morris the Magnificent is in-situ DoES Liverpool and to be commissioned soon. So now there are three awesome laser cutters to use! #weeknotes Andy Stanford-Clark pic.twitter.com/apjNOOHVdU
- Alex Lennon: Lovely time today with David Frazer doing hand modelling DoES Liverpool #makerday #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/vJiMrbRffc
- Alex Lennon: Sunday afternoon laser cutting project DoES Liverpool Andy Stanford-Clark #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/glnF5nk292
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 12 February, 6:00pm-7:00pm||Fabric District Arts Meeting|
|Tuesday 12 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Thursday 14 February, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 14 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 294 open, 758 closed
3 new issues:
- Buy ink cartridges for A3 HP OfficeJet 7510 (at least Black, but probably whole set)
- Gerald too noisy
- Review the smoke and fire alarms
Featured issue: Install baby-change facilities in the accessible toilet. Can we move this on or close it?
9 issues closed:
- Gerald too noisy
- Buy some tape measures
- Accessibility in the Laser room.
- Cut up spare L-shaped desk tops to use as CNC sacrificial beds
- Air compressor plug is loose
- Finalise networking for soundproof room and Dinky
- Commission small vinyl/cardboard cutter
- Improve workshop accessibility
- Develop and implement more formal grievance procedure and safe-spaces policy
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!