Week 400! While we haven’t been running our #weeknotes posts for all of that time (we starting in week 78), it does mean that DoES Liverpool is 400 weeks old! Happy anniversary to us!
Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Electric Flapjack: It’s #weeknotes time: making progress on guitars again, thoughts on CNC router controllers, and I build my first effects pedal.electricflapjack.com/blog/2019/1/28…
- MCQN Ltd: Doing some detailed power logging to measure the draw both while running and in deep sleep #lowpower #sensors #LoRaWAN #PyCom #iot #thethingsnetwork #ttn #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/X2KXByZFKI
- Alex Lennon: Guild of Makers I’m Alex (Alex Lennon) based DoES Liverpool and I just assembled my very first 3D printer! A Creality CR10-S… It’s printing a #scubadiving regulator dust cap as we speak… #makershours #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/NUW2EobrfJ
- Alex Lennon: My first proper solo print: A #scubadiving regulator cap #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ie34zIrdZ4
- Alex Lennon: Great to see the first UX lab in Liverpool in action DoES Liverpool The Tapestry !!! #weeknotes twitter.com/Findoutdigital…
- DoES Liverpool: Testing out the latest addition to the workshop: a #reflow #oven for #soldering #surfacemount #PCB work #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/RVE9yFwK5y
- Laura James: #weeknotes bit.ly/2sVw6BW evidence, disruption, climate, maps, bits and bobs
- Adrian McEwen: Great turnout (despite the weather!) for the Inclusive Economy Liverpool celebration evening. Here with the rest of the DoES Liverpool massive #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/j74XzhUjfN
- Alex Lennon: This question has been recurring recently. Maybe you can help?What does being good at business require of us? And what does that mean for us, for society?
- DoES Liverpool: Look at us! We’ve won an award! Stoked to win Inclusive Economy Liverpool‘s New Economy Prize. Guess we’re now an award-winning co-working and makerspace #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/q6iziaVc6y
- Adrian McEwen: John McKerrell getting filmed at the Inclusive Economy Liverpool awards (he wasn’t on the ball enough to film me 🙂 #weeknotes twitter.com/amcewen/status…
- Alex Lennon: Some of the DoES Liverpool tram taking time of from being awesome to go accept awards… #weeknotes“Look at us! We’ve won an award! Stoked to win Inclusive Economy Liverpool’s New Economy Prize. Guess we’re now an award-winning co-working and makerspace” pic.twitter.com/lK7hzS9OKv
- DoES Liverpool: Super chilled out visitor today #dogsoftwitter #dogfriendly #coworking #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/A3bnyW2GrE
- Adrian McEwen: “When you design things in CAD, it doesn’t excuse you from thinking about how things are going to be made” wisdom from Michael Dales in his #Fusion360 #CAD course today at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 05 February, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 06 February, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 07 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 09 February, 12:00am-Sunday 10 February, 11:59pm||What does health look like? planning meeting (Dinky)|
|Saturday 09 February, 10:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Synthesiser Meet|
|Saturday 09 February, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 300 open, 749 closed
5 new issues:
- Make new shelf for the fridge
- Plan layout of the recess now that laser cutter Morris has been moved to the laser cutter room
- Buy some tape measures
- Accessibility in the Laser room.
- Set up and commission reflow oven
Featured issue: Apply window film to lower two panes of internal windows. Can we move this on or close it?
12 issues closed:
- Gerald ghosting, can’t cut through material
- Replacing the cooling fluid for Gerald and Sophia.
- Gerald loses power during a cut
- Gerald ghosting when engraving- 7th Nov 2018
- Change our address with the ICO
- Engage with World Transformed festival 22-25 September
- Advertise mailbox service
- Decide where the library should go
- Add the off peak workshop membership option to the website
- Review registered business addresses
- Record a time-lapse of the painting
- We should have some waterproof flooring in the kitchen area
Thanks magman2112, DoESsean, johnmckerrell!
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!