Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Learning all about bees and beekeeping from Andrea at the DoES Liverpool #Wearables group #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1PHjqBYIZw
- Ross Dalziel: We bee 🐝 streaming Andrea live DoES Liverpool ! m.twitch.tv/doesliverpool thanks to Alex Lennon and Matthew Croughan #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Pretty sure some combination of enabling Virgin Media connect, disabling 5GHz, giving Amazon Alexa and their Chinese skills app developers at Tuya my Wi-fi password has seriously buggered things up here. Should have stuck to a light switch. #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: I think I just fell in love with Kali Linux on the Raspberry Pi. Wow this is an awesome distro. I need to be using this as my balena base OS image. #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Week 693: Catching breath. The latest #weeknotes on the MCQN Ltd blog dlvr.it/QwkWTM
- Electric Flapjack : [from Michael Dales from Cambridge MakeSpace – he’ll be delivering an Autodesk Fusion 360 training session at DoES Liverpool next month] Belated #weeknotes for last week: seeing the beauty in a frustrating project emerge, more on the simplified guitar designs for 2019, and the joy of working with a community of fellow makers.electricflapjack.com/blog/2019/1/16…
- MCQN Ltd: Just arrived at DoES Liverpool, a collection of magnetic beads for some #prototyping on a new project #ibal208 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/AZJhXImlAS
- DoES Liverpool: John Cassidy Alex Lennon Pycom The Things Network Adrian McEwen TTN Mapper Remember to tag with #weeknotes!
- DoES Liverpool: Nic Burkinshaw kicking off his talk about #LoRaWAN #iot at #iotLiverpool #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BstQG5plvo1/…
- DoES Liverpool: Will Robinson with parts of the arcade enclosure he”s putting together #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BswGqSGlTQ5/…
- Alex Lennon: You’re gonna hate me for showing you this guys but if you weren’t DoES Liverpool #makernight tonight you seriously missed out on top #cake from the ever amazing caz’s kitchen #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ta0dwxFc0W
- Alex Lennon: A little treat for you if you’re thinking of spending your Friday DoES Liverpool. A darker roast of Rave Coffee’s green “Ethiopian Sidamo” beans will be in the pot in the morning #RoastGeeks #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nKNjAfqDts
- DoES Liverpool: How lucky are we? The awesome Jim Chadwick won this drill press from the lovely folk at chesterhobbystore.com, and has given it to us for our workshop! 😍😍😍 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/kesIL7N99a
- Nate: ‘Week 3’ #weeknotes including: user research! Stakeholder and expert interviews! Design team retro! YES! #workingoutloud link.medium.com/WLZZjxO8zT
- Alex Lennon: So I finally bettered the #iot smart lights. That was painful. But worth it I think…. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/AGojsAY7Bn
- Jackie Pease: Wow, there’s tons of stuff in here! And see page 59 for the article I wrote on the drum lights Zarino Zappia and I worked on for @merseybats performance at last year’s LightNight Liverpool, with Uma Ramanathan, Mandy and lots of people from DoES Liverpool #makernight #weeknotes twitter.com/microbit_edu/s…
- DoES Liverpool: Mike G filling in a gap by one of the pillars at DoES Liverpool (it’s been causing an annoying draught) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GWpZwJcPQc
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 22 January, 10:00am-3:00pm||Sale Sharks – Private Booking – Events Room|
|Wednesday 23 January, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Java User Group|
|Thursday 24 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 310 open, 724 closed
6 new issues:
- Reduce the draughts in the space
- Commission and name the new drill press
- Make the DoES entry Calendar prettier
- Gerald ghosting, can’t cut through material
- Need to add DoESLiverpool onto Wikipedia
- Carpet coming up near the soundproof room
Featured issue: Clean the windows in the kitchen . Can we move this on or close it?
8 issues closed:
- Carpet coming up near the soundproof room
- Add accessibility information to the website
- DoESLiverpool somebody should wiki is down
- Populate the Robotwars forum.
- Saw blade broken in large bandsaw.
- Plan a Christmas decoration making workshop at DoES
- Blinds needed for at least South facing windows.
- Streaming Solutions for Meetings
Thanks magman2112, willcrobinson, goatchurchprime, Sean-anotherone, zarino, johnmckerrell, DoESsean!
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!