Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: We’re running a Foodbank Drive this year, to support SouthLivFoodbank, and try to help, even in a small way, those in our society who are struggling. Everyone deserves a Merry Christmas, and you can do your bit to make that a reality by donating here in DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/81pJGPwXGB
- Alex Lennon: First job of the day done. #nbiot Arduino with @QuectelUK shield from Patrick Fenner is now pushing up temperature data. Could this be the first NB-IoT sensor in the wild in the UK Vodafone IoT ? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OScY1OlRKB
- Alex Lennon: Made fantastic progress here DoES Liverpool with our new project – a LoRa based stock control system #Mitem. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jrMtFD4b3U
- Alex Lennon: We’re seeing about 9mA in deep sleep on a LoRA TTGO (no-OLED) and up to about 75mA when sending. This seems usual with these boards. ESP32 core should go down to 5uA we think. Need to look at where the power is going #mitem #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PcfYHnEhi3
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 18 December, 10:00am-3:00pm||Private Booking – Sale Sharks – Events Room|
|Thursday 20 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Thursday 20 December, 7:00pm-8:00pm||Community Meeting|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 304 open, 703 closed
8 new issues:
- Dishwasher isn’t washing dishes…
- Prepare for the Xmas party
- New Poster Frames
- Ikea Shopping List
- Gerald loses power during a cut
- Read the south side air conditioning instructions and decide next steps
- Upgrade the vinyl cutter/sublimation printer computer
- Thermaltronics soldering iron microswitch sometimes sticks
Featured issue: do a major service on Gerald. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed:
DoES Liverpool exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!