Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Much #soldering. #ibal151 #myomb #electronics #production #manufacturing #PCB #weeknotes @ Hoxton, Newham, United Kingdom instagram.com/p/Bq7yJD2lM4g/…
- Adrian McEwen: What a difference 100 microseconds can make. CRC failure rate drops from ~90% to ~0% with the addition of a 100uS delay before reading in the calculated CRC. The joy of #embedded #software. #myomb #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Ooh there’s a #synthesizer meetup happening DoES Liverpool on Saturday The Tapestry hosted by @gorman662 here’s some of his many modules alex germains a.P.A.t.T. @itswhatstudio Simon Jones Zen Archer 🎯 might like 😉 & it’s #makerday in case you need to make ‘owt #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/O2isS1tKC0
- DoES Liverpool: jeffandcofrenchie christmas decorations cut with Gerald the laser cutter at @doesliverpool #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BrD8AaKF3Bq/…
- DoES Liverpool: Ace collection of #synths here today for the Liverpool Synthesiser Meet #weeknotes #music #modularsynth #eurorack #yamaha #roland @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BrH_G7Tl-Y3/…
- Adrian McEwen: A productive #MakerDay afternoon, getting to grips with Harry Plotter, DoES Liverpool‘s small vinyl cutter to improve some signage and document him on the wiki as a side-effect github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/L456kMi2YE
- Martí: DoES Liverpool good idea, it would also work with a laser cut (or even “hand cut”!) #weeknotes twitter.com/hackaday/statu…
- Ross Dalziel: Awesome raising of £5k for #Yemen #weeknotes twitter.com/StaticTrading/…
- DoES Liverpool: Some photos from the @doesliverpool Xmas decoration workshop – still going strong at 17:47! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/TeA68gdJUW
- Dan Lynch: Here’s a bespoke, original and very lazy but Bagpuss coloured Christmas decoration l made at the workshop today in DoES Liverpool Great fun and a lovely event. Well done all! #WeekNotes #Christmas pic.twitter.com/dPmw7oIp9v
- DoES Liverpool: Some of the Xmas tree ornaments made by Avril and Liam, and Becka at today’s @doesliverpool Xmas decorations workshop #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Jk7PtwmR9j
- Fabric District: We’re feeling festive after the DoES Liverpool decoration making workshop – first mulled wine of the year!#weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hfCqVcPpyE
- Electric Flapjack: It’s #weeknotes time: finishing oiling The Clydesdale, understanding how floating vibratos work, and ordering some bits of metal!electricflapjack.com/blog/2018/12/9…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 10 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearable Tech Group|
|Tuesday 11 December, 10:00am-3:00pm||Private Booking – Sale Sharks – Events Room|
|Thursday 13 December, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 13 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 15 December, 3:00pm-Sunday 16 December, 5:00am||Christmas Party|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 297 open, 702 closed
2 new issues:
- Find a way to remove the broken bit of Gerald’s duct pipe from the outside of the building
- Amend Weeknote Generator program so that it can be run at e.g.21:00 on Sundays
Featured issue: Get new 20mm o-rings to go behind the intermediate mirrors. Can we move this on or close it?
8 issues closed:
- Gerald acting weak, not cutting through or engraving at full power
- Update the CNC Router wiki and reconsolidate the issues
- Single common temporary dropbox directory on all DoES computers
- Tall wall rack shelving northwall between windows for hanging vinyl and other hangy things
- Get the arcitype machine tool running and made portable on wheels
- Connect two ESP8266 to each other
- Finish off the svgraph application for the laser cutter
- Build a rack to store vinyl
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!