Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Been playing with Docker on –#embeddedLinux #iot systems all day. It’s the way forward… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Ace to see Findout‘s new User Research lab here in DoES Liverpool getting put through its paces with the Ladies that UX Liverpool #usabilitytesting workshop this evening #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Lovely to see our very own Jackie Pease in Portugal representing DoES Liverpool! #weeknotes twitter.com/garymillar/sta…
- MCQN Ltd: Not production hardware (that’s DevelAngel realm), but nearing production software: making Good Night Lamp super-secure #iot with #libsignal messaging between Arduino boards over #mqtt #ibal195 #crypto #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/uqy0ldvYlu
- Alex Lennon: We got a new The Linux Foundation convert here thanks Matthew Croughan Dan Lynch. What #OpenSource project should we start him on? makespacelive ?DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7tGremNnOi
- MCQN Ltd: Awesome visit to see the lovely people (and ace production floor!) at pimoroni to chat all things Museum in a Box #ibal151 #electronics #production #manufacturing #PCB #pcba #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/g9dYECs5Ff
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Tuesday 30 October, 10:00am-3:00pm||Private Booking|
|Thursday 01 November, 9:30am-5:30pm||Axon Vibe|
|Thursday 01 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 302 open, 654 closed
3 new issues:
- Saw blade broken in large bandsaw.
- Even bigger laser – rebuild and commissioning
- Network sockets in the soundproof room and small meeting room aren‘t working
Featured issue: Review registered business addresses. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Gerald needs his filters cleaning
- Trip to the Science Park
- Find Colour Inkjet printer’s power supply
- The UP printer’s fan is missing a blade
DoES Liverpool exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!