Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- DoES Liverpool: Autumnal vibes this afternoon. Homemade apple and blackberry crumble with custard courtesy of Liam Comerford #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/rZCcdkpDwT
- Alex Lennon: This is the kind of innovative entrepreneurship that happens day in, day out DoES Liverpool Museum in a Box #weeknotes twitter.com/attn/status/10…
- DoES Liverpool: Christmas decoration made by Xiaorong Li at @doesliverpool #makernight #weeknotes (laser cut ply, fabric, stuffed with waste plastic) pic.twitter.com/AFJmYBRuN1
- Thomas Butler: I’ve seen things man… Jake Oliver DoES Liverpool #weeknotes trying to figure out what stage of crazy Jake and Paul have reached, inverting furbys pic.twitter.com/0M7QEoRzjQ
- Ross Dalziel: Sure will come down for a bit! We should show them Raul Krauthausen awesome work on Thingiverse thingiverse.com/thing:213181 #weeknotes twitter.com/LittleSandboxU…
- Alex Lennon: Great to see such a good turn out for #makingitconf today DoES Liverpool Alexandra D-S on stage now! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Z6h2TVYVA1
- Adrian McEwen: Interesting to hear from James Boardwell about how folksy tries to help its community to tell their stories and so find their customers #makingitconf makingitconf #weeknotes
- chris huffee: Robotorium showing Vicky how to laser cut ambulances DoES Liverpool.
Turned into a cyanotype by David Frazer
- Adrian McEwen: The slides and notes from my #makerspace “Culture and Tools” (or how we (ab)use GitHub issue lists) talk at Festival of Maintenance are now up on the DoES Liverpool blog (alongside the video, if you missed the event) doesliverpool.com/slides/festiva… #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Interesting write up from Adrian McEwen on his Festival of Maintenance talk, including the followup discussion on Twitter. Check out YouTube for more videos from the Festival of Maintenance: m.youtube.com/channel/UCpufp… #weeknotes twitter.com/amcewen/status…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 15 October, 11:00am-5:30pm||Private Booking|
|Wednesday 17 October, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 18 October, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 18 October, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 304 open, 639 closed
4 new issues:
- Replace toner in the OKI colour printer
- Fridge wasn’t closing as two milk containers in the door
- Smaller bandsaw is out of action
- Design new Code of Conduct poster for the main space
Featured issue: Install baby-change facilities in the accessible toilet. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
- Leak in ceiling is pouring onto electrical sockets
- Public nodered on a RaspberryPi with a big screen able to run a dashboard
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!