Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: Nice evening with Jackie Pease #Maintaining the Bio-Materials parts of #Wearables DoES Liverpool and blogging up progress so far #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Behind the scenes on some filming happening at DoES Liverpool today for the National Science and Media Museum, Allan Melia getting Good Night Lamp ready for its close-up #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ETRTIVzMK8
- Adrian McEwen: Nice to see DoES Liverpool featured in this list of Liverpool’s best #coworking spaces linkedin.com/pulse/integrat… #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Got OpenGL acceleration going on webcam input and live streaming #doescam #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/jkXBhBCjzZ
- Adrian McEwen: Got my collection of parts to build pressure and stretch sensors for the #DoESHealth workshop at DoES Liverpool w/laura pullig Zarino Zappia Jackie Pease Dr David A. Ellis #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/dJsivltu5h
- CriticalKits: Another #kit for the #CriticalKits #Library with DoES Liverpool & laura pullig #weeknotes eventbrite.co.uk/e/what-does-he… pic.twitter.com/ah6jntIlp7
- MCQN Ltd: One finished pressure sensor #DoESHealth #weeknotes @ Does Liverpool, the Tapestry instagram.com/p/BoT-0lhgXkF/…
- DoES Liverpool: Queuing for the sublimation printer at DoES Liverpool #DoESHealth “What does health look like?” event with GetAMoveOn #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/Khpt3IGlqs
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 01 October, 6:30pm-9:30pm||Hack the Space Evening|
|Wednesday 03 October, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 04 October, 1:00pm-2:00pm||RSA Livestream: Remaking Post-Industrial Cities|
|Thursday 04 October, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 300 open, 636 closed
10 new issues:
- Leak in ceiling is pouring onto electrical sockets
- Test issue
- Felicity squeals when she prints
- Create a resin.io account to archive and distribute embedded device contents for DoES
- Need to reset the flood counter
- Gerald out of alignment
- Promoting DoES
- Get an omnidirectional microphone for livestreams such as community meetings
- Get the injection molding machine working
- Create a device that makes it really easy to live stream events
Featured issue: Order more sublimation printer cartridges. Can we move this on or close it?
2 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!