Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Jackie Pease: Great to meet Anna Wells of Liverpool HR yesterday – looking forward to her input on DoES Liverpool people policies #weeknotes
- John McKerrell: Just had a slice of cake *and a fork* delivered to me at my desk. Perks of working at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes (Thanks Helen Campbell !)
- DoES Liverpool: Robotorium crocheting with variegated cordonnet #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/i4kyMoVkvA
- Andy Powell FRSA: First talk of the day “attacking websites for educational purposes only” #emfcamp #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fH4VYNA1Y9
- Jackie Pease: Today I’m sewing together scraps from Kombucha scobies, grown by the wearable tech group at @doesliverpool (still not sure there’ll be enough triangles for an Icosahedron) #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/QsS8KTXlOF
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 05 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 06 September, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 08 September, 10:00am-5:00pm||Liverpool Modular Meet|
|Saturday 08 September, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 278 open, 618 closed
4 new issues:
- Update standing order for Baltic Broadband to account for VAT
- The phone system is down
- Test Sony HDV Camera for Live Streaming.
- Internet was down after recent updates.
Featured issue: Install worktop above / housing around dishwasher. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
- Our public IP address is listed in a Spamhaus blacklist
- DoES Bread Machine
- Notepad for noting down really long jobs on ultimakers
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!