Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: The best thing about being in the Hannah Festival book is finding people like NeuroMuscular Centre who shud be in the next one! We r bringing books at our #NMCreativity workshop w/ Neil Winterburn on Sat 23rd June #3Dprinting thoughts with an ULTIMAKER GB #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/5inM9fVNBQ
- Alex Lennon: Just discovered I can create a Google Spreadsheet. Back it with some script. Publish that script. And HTTP POST from somewhere (e.g. Node-RED or a device client) and it’ll add the data into the spreadsheet. All ready for me to do data science and pivot tables and such. #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Our events space is now projector-friendly even on these gorgeous sunny summer days. Thanks to Fabric District neighbours Solarshade Blinds #buylocal #blinds #events #coworking #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PhTR00Lgks
- DoES Liverpool: Cucumber and lime water today #WatercoolerWatch #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/pNbQ0bQUQt
- DoES Liverpool: #DoESTastes June edition: scones. Sayers The Bakers came out on top from our panel of expert judges, narrowly beating the homemade options #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/JPFhoavlrU
- DoES Liverpool: Awesome box of #Arduino goodies donated by .: oomlout :.. Much exciting hacking ahead! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ERIdkIWDZy
- DoES Liverpool: Mike G, Paul H and Zarino Zappia were soldering LEDs for the Defence Dress at last night’s #makernight. Right is reflection in one of the ceiling lights #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OrRUEzUGJD
- Ross Dalziel: One for the #weeknotes 🙂 twitter.com/littlepinkmake…
- Ross Dalziel: Marc Barto biglesp Awesome! In diary for sure & Hot on the heels of Festival of Maintenance on 22nd September in London, streaming live DoES Liverpool #weeknotes more details this summer!
- Alex Lennon: #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Getting going with the beer bread DoES Liverpool The Tapestry #MakerBake #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/4834XjGPhU
- DoES Liverpool: A productive #makerday of putty and masking #DoESMove #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/VlLAGpV79Q
- DoES Liverpool: New housing for the #CNC #router to reduce noise and dust generation #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/q67RZwLdoh
- Zarino Zappia: Alex Lennon Beer bread out of oven. Smells even better than it looks ? DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/iOgeMgjSmN
- Alex Lennon: Raspberry Pi turning on and off relays. This will enable me to have a controller Pi that power cycles other board in a rack for automated testing #weeknotes #pibox pic.twitter.com/Rawli6hgsf
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 14 June, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 14 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
During Maker Day we moved a few things on from the move list. We got all the new putty in round the internal windows, so that’ll be ready to paint in a week (and half of the windows were masked up in preparation). Sean J and Mike re-jigged the CNC workshop to better contain some of the dust and noise. We also experimented a bit with the desk layout of the co-working area in the main room to use the space more efficiently.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 262 open, 561 closed
5 new issues:
- Organise World Cup Sweepstake
- Make/buy some durable black tablecloths for use at events
- Work out how to make the door entry phone ringing during events less stressful
- Create Guide for Event Hosts
- Find out why the bandsaw isn’t working
Featured issue: Improve workshop accessibility. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!