Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: No object or system is made on its own from an abstracted place outside of the world: Like Re-Dock #CriticalKits we want to think about the social and contexts of making and maintaining #weeknotes twitter.com/MaintenanceFes…
- DoES Liverpool: Today’s watercooler flavour is orange #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GQhfkYiQW3
- Alex Lennon: Thinking about Yocto Project embedded Linux and #fuego automated testing #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/QjkJf2lAV6
- DoES Liverpool: Strawberry and basil today #WatercoolerWatch #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/W7oI5JF2r9
- Alex Lennon: Sometimes life feels like this… #MuseumOfTheMoon Liverpool Cathedral #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2rBnEgIuDo
- DoES Liverpool: Sketches by Mandy from Brouhaha for #livmf18 light up carnival costume – with jerremy leedham, Jackie Pease , Zarino Zappia #codingcarnival #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/rUZB4hcGWJ
- Alex Lennon: Up in SeaHouses diving the Farne Islands. Pods of dolphins brought us home this morning #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/AbRKLHG2tb
- Alex Lennon: Hey Adrian McEwen, Robotorium needs a reminder to purchase ring pull cans when in Asda. What can we rig up for her with geo-fencing, Node-RED and Twitter? #weeknotes
- John McKerrell: Wondering if this bell will be loud enough to alert people that the DoES Liverpool doorbell is going ? #weeknotes cpc.farnell.com/bt/874396/bt-b…
- Alex Lennon: The lads and lasses of SDNW visiting the Farne Islands to Play with Seals this weekend Julian Todd #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/DnPUltCbZS
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 04 June, 6:00pm-8:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 06 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 07 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 09 June, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
Things are in a bit of a holding pattern on the big to-do items as we chase down quotes. However, we will be getting blackout blinds fitted to the events space this week, moving that along.
We could also do with prioritising replacing the missing putty on the windows in Room 29 to give it time to dry before we paint it. Anyone want to brush up (or gain) their skills?
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 258 open, 560 closed
4 new issues:
- Investigate tension problems on sewing machine.
- Work out what port forwarding we want on our static IP
- Fit soundproofing into Room 29 and Events space
- Create new prices notice for the 3d printers
Featured issue: Put some shelves up above the 3D printer bench. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Get new cam locks for the front panels of Gerald
- Gerald sometimes loses ground on the x-axis
- Work out what we’re doing for the Fabric District festival in May
- Print test on Felicity following the move
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!