Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Had an absolute blast this afternoon down at 50m, following the #Belize Turneffe Atoll wall with Ilya Rosando. Diver Propulsion Vehicles are awesome! #scubadiving #weeknotes @bzdivingservices pic.twitter.com/p54P6M24ap
- MCQN Ltd: Today’s task: reading the details of the Signal protocol to see how plausible an #Arduino port is. Aiming for the best security possible for Good Night Lamp #IoT #weeknotes #ibal195
- Adrian McEwen: Ooh, we’ve got a sign for DoES Liverpool on the outside of The Tapestry now #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MA0Vm7UOHI
- Alex Lennon: These beautiful ladies are often to be found in twos, buzzing around all over, with gorgeous fake eyelashes. They remind me a lot of Liverpool girls out on the dazzle! #scubadiving #weeknotes #belize #cayecaulker pic.twitter.com/UVCyLmTGSi
- Alex Lennon: Boy meets shark #scubadiving #weeknotes #belize #cayecaulker pic.twitter.com/Fqw0ohgWHr
- Ross Dalziel: Red-Violet Minecraft MSI Manchester Also #ThrowbackThursday made me think of Patrick Fenner blafoo & Labor e.V. photos.app.goo.gl/TQmgh28nFAYZaD… #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Have the means of production. Not afraid to use them. #weeknotes #FabricDistrictFabrication twitter.com/TapestryLpl/st…
- John McKerrell: I had a fun lunchtime working out how the Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press work at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes twitter.com/TapestryLpl/st…
- Patrick Fenner: TFW: you have new 3D printer kit, delivered and ready, but are so busy you have to wait till the weekend to start building it! ??? #MakerProblems #weeknotes #readyToBuild #3dprinting pic.twitter.com/pCrbkZY2IO
- martimorta ?️: Getting ONNOW ready for the launch of Fabric District at DoES Liverpool this weekend
- Ross Dalziel: DoES Liverpool Non binary toilet and sporty access sign curated by Zarino Zappia cutting by Roland DG UK CAMM-1 CX-24 cutter/plotter with the wrong (GX-24 only available for Windows 7) print driver 😉 github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #howwetoiletroll #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Looking forward to speaking on the dev panel during the official #ArduinoD18 event tomorrow day.arduino.cc/official. It’s being streamed at the DoES Liverpool celebrations too #weeknotes
- Zarino Zappia: Big crowd gathered to see Batala Mersey play at St Luke’s Church. Little do they know, I’m crouched in the corner measuring the movement of the microbits attached to the players’ drums. DoES Liverpool Jackie Pease #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/kq4CaI9f2e
- MCQN Ltd: Our Adrian McEwen is missing out on the #ArduinoD18 fun at DoES Liverpool today because he’s here on the Dev panel for the official #ArduinoD18 celebrations #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fikamwtViK
- DoES Liverpool: Karen Edwards with experimental letter press laser cuts #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BirxZrkn3zX/…
- Alex Lennon: We set up the #VR station today DoES Liverpool Jackie Pease #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/A37MLgHzXk
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 14 May, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 16 May, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 17 May, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Community Meeting|
|Thursday 17 May, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
Did you hear, we’ve moved to The Tapestry, just off London Road. We’re open for business, but while we’re settling in we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
This week was the launch of the Fabric District’s vision document celebrated with a 4 day long festival. To get involved we hosted Jelly Liverpool on the Thursday, Maker Night Thursday evening and Maker Day on Saturday. Plenty of people came for a look around and it was good to show what we’re about and get more people interested.
We did lots of cleanup in the main space to prepare for this and work has been ongoing with sanding and priming the doors to go in the space. We also got some signage on our toilet doors!
There’s still work to be done on the doors but the big next steps are sorting out flooring for Room 29 and the events space. We’re committed to carpets, we’re still deciding quite how much sound proofing we need below them!
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 250 open, 543 closed
7 new issues:
- Investigate Gerald laser cutte software crashes
Buy new coffee jug
- Get more coffee filters
- Make protective equipment easy to access at the entrance to the metal workshop
- Make new “Wall of Social History 2” sign
- Roland the vinyl cutter spools 1½ metres of blank space before cutting
- Buy roll of hazard tape (yellow and black stripe)
Featured issue: Put some shelves up above the 3D printer bench. Can we move this on or close it?
3 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!