Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Drinks chilling, pizza ordered. Thanks MCQN Ltd and Alex Lennon for sponsoring refreshments. Getting ready for Kx Systems talk at this evening’s joint meetup with livlug at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- IoT Liverpool Meetup: Packed evening for our last meetup in Gostins (DoES Liverpool is off to The Tapestry soon!) Hearing about time-series databases from Kx Systems #iot #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/tCjyg2IZXO
- Adrian McEwen: Dismantling DoES Liverpool‘s first automated heating system. What John McKerrell‘s weatherproofed temp sensor looks like after 6 years outside #DoESMove #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/thwuw40wif
- Alex Lennon: This is what the DoES Liverpool #DoESMove to The Tapestry is all about #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/gB2pqg8oYZ
- DoES Liverpool: Mike Gorman, Adrian McEwen and Alex Lennon discussing network cabling #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BgLyvXbH0nL/
- DoES Liverpool: chris zombieking with some of the stuff we’ve moved over to tapestrylpl this weekend #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BgLzC9FnCcK/
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 12 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 15 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We made an impressive start to moving things over, with lots of people volunteering on Saturday and Sunday to lift and shift. We got everything from the staging room taken across to the Tapestry and packed down the rest of DoES Liverpool to a bare-bones operating level.
Everything at the Tapestry is just in storage, as there’s still plenty of building, painting and running of cables to be done.
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move The Tapestry label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 205 open, 478 closed
4 new issues:
- Notes on partitions that can be boarded up
- Submit DoES LIverpool to the Hannah Directory
- Please add me to the Github organisation!
- Work out best use of space in lightwell between call nooks and kitchen
Featured issue: Log and Catalogue All Items During Move. Can we move this on or close it?
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!