Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Getting there with Gerald Jnr. I am thinking of taking him for a spin streaming something or other from #DoESDinky before Gerald Snr transitions to Sophia Jnr. #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/mUtRUSEwWb
- Def-Proc: Rather excited to have just ordered a fancy new Josef Prusa Prusa i3 MK3, AND a multimaterials extruder kit. #waiting #squee #weeknotes prusa3d.com/original-prusa…
- MCQN Ltd: Iterating through some new #design improvements for the Ackers Bell and watching the changes ripple up the chain from the case into the #PCB #ibal169 #weeknotes #iot pic.twitter.com/a9jl2B2wQY
- Ross Dalziel: Jackie Pease DoES Liverpool really like these, makes me think of our bathymetric coasters in #criticalkits for domesticscience they were in Sam Skinner show in FACT last year maybe we could do local #LoRaWAN mappings on T’s for The Tapestry #weeknotes twitter.com/Alice_Angus/st…
- Adrian McEwen: Reaching that stage in the DoES Liverpool #DoESMove where we’re augmenting the online (github.com/DoESLiverpool/…) systems with electrical tape colour-coding and whiteboards to marshal the troops #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/piz19HPGgW
- Alex Lennon: New vinyl cutter Roland-PC ready for test Jackie Pease #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KR7KEv8ugE
- DoES Liverpool: Adrian McEwen Extending the #process #instructions for the #DoESMove #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/lWQ8Qspq45
- DoES Liverpool: Some things are harder to pack than others #reprap #3dprinting #notdesignedformoving #DoESMove #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/D5eB8CyVmr
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 07 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group and IoT Liverpool combined meetup|
|Thursday 08 March, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 08 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 10 March, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
As you will no doubt have seen, we’re moving into the help wanted phase, so if you can pack, carry, paint, drive… then we want you!
It will still be weeks before we leave our current home in Gostins, so don’t worry about coming in to use the facilities, but there’ll be less and less of the non-essentials knocking around as time goes on 🙂
The toilets are now fitted in the new space, and so the landlord’s fit-out is into the final stretch with the electrician on site wiring up many, many sockets.
We’re also readying a crowdfunding campaign, so those of you who can’t come and paint can just shower us with riches instead so we can afford to make the next iteration of DoES Liverpool the best it can be. Keep an eye out for that at the start of next week!
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move The Tapestry label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 202 open, 477 closed
9 new issues:
- Update Ronald-PC to new hardware
- Build a mechanism to spool the unspooled filament so we buy in that form again
- Printed materials for display at events (eg: Young Makefest, 23rd March)
- Sophia not cutting
- Paint all the plasterboard walls white
- Lay out furniture in each room
- Colour code items being moved
- Write up how to sign up to github and get issue notifications
- Document DoES v1 for the archive
Featured issue: Dinky Kindle should be more intelligent. Can we move this on or close it?
4 issues closed:
- Update Ronald-PC to new hardware
- Update Gerald-PC to new hardware
- See if the computers in the staging room are useful replacements for the ones in the workshop
- Create a wishlist for the new space
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!