Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Ross Dalziel: well Octopus Collective @defproc DoES Liverpool FACT Learning it had to happen eventually, nintendo embrace maker kits via interlocking cardboard big time! flashback to #cardboard #ruincraft #cloudmaker #madeinvaders #weeknotes flickr.com//photos/octopu… twitter.com/ProfTriviality…
- Adrian McEwen: Chasing down the last details of some other Ackers Bell-related things at the moment too (in among the client-work, as ever), so will *fingers crossed* have more exciting news to share about it soon! #weeknotes
- Jackie Pease: Stellated octohedron – early prototype for #keepease #wearables project with Caroline Keep #weeknotes instagram.com/p/BeTupFogEmD/
- Alex Lennon: Some #FridayFun adding AWS Lamba functions as skills to Amazon Echo. Incredibly easy to set up Julian Todd. We need to setup DoES Liverpool #weeknotesyoutube.com/watch?v=TziOLN…
- MCQN Ltd: Do you think that’s eye-catching enough for “target reached”? #testing #weeknotes #ibal145 @… instagram.com/p/BeazAr5lGdE/
- MCQN Ltd: Spare #RaspberryPi and Pi camera pressed into service to film a time-lapse to observe new visualisation over a few hours #ibal145 #testing #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/u3bKAemaUd
- Adrian McEwen: I see Alistair Houghton has been having a nose round (what will soon be) DoES Liverpool‘s new gaff at The Tapestry #weeknotes liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 29 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Thursday 01 February, 6:30pm-9:00pm
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
We’re still waiting on more quotes for the fit-out, but the location of all the electrics has been finalised. That will let the rest of the refurb proceed, and as they’re just finishing off the ground floor, focus for that will be shifting in the next few days to finishing off our space.
We’ve also received a quote for sorting out security access and assisted doors, and there’s a meeting being planned to work out the signage for all of the tenants on the building in general.
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 183 open, 468 closed
1 new issue:
Featured issue: Olsson Block for 3d Printers. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!