Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Defnet Media Yay! Great to hear that the first #DoESMove Notice of Disposal has resulted in a tidier DoES Liverpool #weeknotes 🙂
- Adrian McEwen: I don’t know if anyone spotted it last week, but we’ve added a #DoESMove section to the #weeknotes to keep everyone updated on how the DoES Liverpool move is progressing. Here’s this week’s <a href=”https://doesliverpool.com/weeknotes/week-343-happy-new-year/#DoESMove“>doesliverpool.com/weeknotes/week…
- Adrian McEwen: DoES Liverpool It also shows a new feature to the #weeknotes script, there are now IDs for each section of the weeknotes to let people link straight to the right section 🙂
- Alex Lennon: This is what I am talking about Adrian McEwen. #StableGenius at #QRCode work here.
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 08 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 10 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Linux User Group|
|Thursday 11 January, 9:00am-6:00pm||Jelly Liverpool|
|Thursday 11 January, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 13 January, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The Big Move
With our move to the Tapestry looming, we’re including a brief update on how things are going each week.
John and Zarino are still chasing down quotes for the fit-out, and had a site meeting with one of the candidates yesterday. And in the general renovation work they’ve been deciding on the location/spec for the heating and lighting to go in.
If you want a sneak preview, don’t forget there’s a community visit on Thursday.
There are lots of things to do, both with the move and in preparation for the move. If you want to help out, check the DoES Move label on the Somebody Should issue list, or get in touch.
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 180 open, 465 closed
3 new issues:
- Make doors open more easily for people who have trouble with doors
- Update health and safety procedures for the Tapestry
- Design a commemorative DoES mug to distribute to office common rooms
Featured issue: Log and Catalogue All Items During Move. Can we move this on or close it?
No issues closed
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!