Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: The tree us up. Dressing commences this evening #weeknotes #ibal191 Open Culture Liverpool BID Co. pic.twitter.com/tiUF8UIHpD
- MCQN Ltd: Final solder joint of the final bauble finished and heatshrunk #ibal191 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/VzOWgwbxWc
- Adrian McEwen: Turns out that filing down Ethernet connectors so they’ll fit through cable glands is a good way to keep warm in a square in November #weeknotes #ibal191
- Alex Lennon: My first #hackathon last week was a really positive and enjoyable experience. Meeting some great people and understaking some interesting challenges. Winning didn’t hurt either! I look forward to more of the same #schack #selfcare #weeknotes @LJMUinnovation pic.twitter.com/TqTXEnASXb
- Def-Proc: New blog post: How to reduce Arduino Uno power draw by 95%: def-proc.co.uk/b/aulp/ — With a sharp scalpel and a fine soldering iron! #weeknotes #arduino #lowpower pic.twitter.com/OnTHD3rnBx
- Def-Proc: I don’t care of its “technically” November, this mince pie from Seán Gleeson‘s mum is “technically” *really* tasty! #weeknotes DoES Liverpool #cakeday pic.twitter.com/AE96O0oU2d
- MCQN Ltd: Adding the white LEDs around our #neopixel Christmas tree baubles #weeknotes #ibal191 pic.twitter.com/q5zPMF1N7W
- Adrian McEwen: Makes a change from the usual photo of me sat cross-legged working on things #weeknotes #ibal191 pic.twitter.com/iErYvtp1Zp
- MCQN Ltd: Slightly less tired now, so taking a brief break in the final software tuning to share the topping out photo from 1.45am this morning #ibal191 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/4LzgHA7gQx
- MCQN Ltd: 10…9…8…7…6… and the Christmas lights are on! #weeknotes #ibal191 #neopixels #led… instagram.com/p/BcIOzHHlenj/
- Alex Lennon: One of the many (many) wonderful aspects of the DoES Liverpool community is the chats. It was a pleasure to chat with Francis Irving this afternoon and when I mentioned #VR Lasertag is (imho) the future he immediately put me onto VR RCADE Liverpool ! #weeknotes
- Alex Lennon: Liverpool #santadash World Champions! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KXQFxXvizD
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Wednesday 06 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 07 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Lock Picking Event|
|Thursday 07 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 09 December, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 199 open, 413 closed
2 new issues:
Featured issue: Look at whether there are any “no strings” funding sources to assist with the move. Can we move this on or close it?
7 issues closed:
- Buy some new solder
- Update Calendar for New Laser Cutter Inductions
- Buy new paper and inks for the sublimation printer
- Plan the room layout of the new space
- Renew our insurance
- publicise the upcoming pricing changes
- Need new fire countermeasures for the laser-cutters
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!