Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Francis Irving: Liverpool startup Frontier Labs mix data science w/ human design frontierlabs.co.uk – based partly out of DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Five metres of #neopixels. Enough to start with. Another 170m en route #weeknotes #ibal191 @… instagram.com/p/Bal6Xv3lA6J/
- Def-Proc: Don’t eat the filament! #weeknotes New #3dprinter filament delivery from Faberdashery instagram.com/p/BaovU88nKb-/
- Alex Lennon: Linus is on… #ELC2017 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2FeB2nEsG4
- Adrian McEwen: Packed IoT Liverpool Meetup at DoES Liverpool tonight to hear about #trust #privacy #security and #IoT from IF… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- John McKerrell: Played with the 3D printers in DoES Liverpool for the first time in ages last week, simple to use, the tech has pro… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- John McKerrell: OH at DoES Liverpool “What’s your mince pie record?” #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: #touch #sensing #neopixel #testing #weeknotes #ibal191 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BawfNwyFnBR/
- DoES Liverpool: Lots of intense concentration in the room now, as people get to grips with wiring up their heartbeat circuits #ccmakeshiftdo #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: ‘Heart’ at work building, essentially, cardiograms. We’ll use them to print mugs rather than save lives though #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: Julian Todd shows us how things are supposed to work… Crafts Council UK #CCMakeShiftDo #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/hinfEVYe5M
- Def-Proc: I think this makes this my first event as a punter, instead of a maker! Maker Faire Derby #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/6vHcRS5Os7
- DoES Liverpool: #ccmakeshiftdo participant Francisco with a mug he made at today’s #ccmakeshiftdo event #craftscounciluk #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/MLFcGD15k5
- DoES Liverpool: Caitlin and Chris putting a pulse sensor circuit together at our @craftscounciluk #ccmakeshiftdo event today… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- DoES Liverpool: We’re not just about the heart monitoring at #CCMakeShiftDo. There’s 3d printing to learn about too! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/HFHF81L1bN
- Jackie Pease: Great Crafts Council #ccmakeshiftdo day at DoES Liverpool – thanks to everyone who helped on the day and to all our visitors #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 30 October, 1:00pm-2:00pm||Website Meeting|
|Wednesday 01 November, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Liverpool Linux User Group|
|Thursday 02 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Lock Picking Event|
|Thursday 02 November, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 193 open, 400 closed
3 new issues:
- Somebody should buy a sublimation mug heat press
- Olsson Block for 3d Printers
- Make list of locations to distribute flyers
3 issues closed:
Thanks johnmckerrell, DoESsean!
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!