Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Alex Lennon: Running NXP KW41Z accelerometer demo under MCUEXpresso. Now to send the data to phone over Bluetooth BLE #weeknotesyoutu.be/cBpp5kj9ytw
- Adrian McEwen: One of those days when you get to the office to find DoES Liverpool is now a #droid workshop #bb8 #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ZKq1QXXxcq
- Alex Lennon: Having a great time with #blinky #arduino lights here @HiPyLiv Thanks guys! See you next time #weeknotes: pic.twitter.com/lKo7P6QEKE
- DoES Liverpool: Current status. (an hour before concrete dog‘s build a rocket workshop… #justsaying 😉 #weeknotes 🚀 💥 pic.twitter.com/7aTn8UyuNA
- Francis Irving: Rocket club at DoES Liverpool about to start! #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/FOIRpa7ljF
- Francis Irving: My simulated rocket launch using OpenRocket at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes – alas it only goes 5m high as I’m playing… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- chris huffee: Rocket workshop with concrete dog DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/cSjxV4HEF4
- Alex Lennon: Early start today. Off to London to catch up on spooky entanglement New Scientist Quantum Revolution #weeknoteseventbrite.co.uk/e/instant-expe…
- Alex Lennon: Not the most auspicious of starts New Scientist #quantumworld #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/1BJiIlWqZ2
- Adrian McEwen: Some awesome art from SSOSVA on display at DoES Liverpool as part of @livopenstudios #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/wvv2HkCDbP
- Alex Lennon: So I learnt that Quantum Mechanics is still awesome, they teach it from 15 in Finland.And we have serious problems in our schools #weeknotes
- DoES Liverpool: #Illuminated #art #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BaPJyI3h6z4/
- Jackie Pease: Thanks Helen Campbell for compiling this #weeknotes twitter.com/DoESLiverpool/…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 16 October, 6:00pm-8:00pm||Wearables Night|
|Wednesday 18 October, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 19 October, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 185 open, 397 closed
5 new issues:
- Develop a quick process that enables words and emojis to be cut
- Arrange phone service for new venue
- A public speaker sound system for music
- Refresh the Organising Events at DoES procedure
- Send a DoES member on a LibraryOfThings tour and report back as to the potential
1 issue closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!