Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: What Jackie Pease said. And well done Jackie Pease for all the organising and cat^hgeek-herding to arrange thing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Alex Lennon: Off to walk the streets to test the #bodycam #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/rSGfyDUWmO
- Alex Lennon: First field test of our new #headcam video recording device #iot #weeknotes #yocto #embedded #linuxyoutube.com/watch?v=6NR4yu…
- DoES Liverpool: “Speaking of dehydration, it’s our birthday party this weekend” Adrian McEwen on top form with his segues #weeknotes
- Julian Todd: #weeknotes MLX90621 based IR camera: buggy, slow and needs work. Any volunteers to check bitbucket.org/goatchurch/esp… a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- DoES Liverpool: Commence preparation for Saturday’s sixth birthday party ? #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/3ToxjHZwSq
- MCQN Ltd: New release of our rfid-sl030 #nodejs module, updated to work on #Raspbian Stretch npmjs.com/package/rfid-s… #IoT #npm #ibal162 #weeknotes
- Seán Gleeson: It’s not much, but I’ve tried to make sure there’s at least something Alex Lennon can eat at the DoES Liverpool b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Alex Lennon: Neatest thing ever. Remote USB devices (comms port here) over IP !!! #weeknotes Adrian McEwen pic.twitter.com/euWw5ORxPA
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 31 August, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 173 open, 389 closed
4 new issues:
- Mill a soldering stand out of aluminium
- Consider a referrals program to encourage more members
- Investigate DoES merchandise for shows
- MadeInvaders maintenance
4 issues closed:
- remove the swear word from the abbreviation that makes: DoES
- Event: Manchester MakeFest (19-20 August 2017)
- Train the hippos to tweet
- print name labels for “Prints Adam” and “Felicity”
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!