Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- shrkey ☠: Finally… we can now mill threaded acrylic cable penetrators #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/PsJ2X1TWmI
- Def-Proc: Some shields sent off (github.com/ttn-liv/LoRaWA…) so there’s more for the IoT Liverpool Meetup TTN Liverpool hackday: meetup.com/iotliverpool/e… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Loving the MVP of DoES Liverpool‘s *next* promo video, produced by Will Robinson 😀 vmashup.com/SflOi1ZG #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: DoES Liverpool Will Robinson See github.com/DoESLiverpool/… for the background to that, and youtube.com/watch?v=h97Nzk… for t… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Def-Proc: Also now available is a LoRaWAN shield to take home on the day: shop.trycelery.com/page/59369b941… #weeknotes TTN Liverpool… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- DoES Liverpool: Sad day today, Fiona McLauchlan is leaving us to move to Birmingham. Consoling ourselves with her awesome thank you cake… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Andy Goodwin: A spot of autonomous rover prototype testing down the beach. Cut at @doesliverpool. #weeknotes… instagram.com/p/BU4pMBdFMDB/
- DoES Liverpool: Offcuts like this are WASTE and so should be binned. Not hidden under Gerald! #weeknotes… instagram.com/p/BVCy6mhBflD/
- Adrian McEwen: DoES Liverpool Maybe in half an hour I’ll be able to get at the extractor fan to clean it :-/ #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Laser-cutting a mylar #stencil for some #ackers_bell #surfacemount #PCB work #weeknotes… instagram.com/p/BVEwr2NFkxL/
- Jamie Roberts: BBC MicroBit #Robot by @huffee
#weeknotes ift.tt/2s0pPph pic.twitter.com/fyXtq9Qrc8
- DoES Liverpool: #weeknotes chris huffee getting advice on his #robot from the captain of the UK under-18s Robo-Cup… instagram.com/p/BVF3pNWBcx7/
- Zarino Zappia: What me? Oh nothing. Just working out what my walk to work might be in the near future 😉 Adrian McEwen DoES Liverpool… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Adrian McEwen: Occupants of DoES Liverpool can get on & work, safe in knowledge that if Theresa May resigns they’ll be notified by Ackers Bell #weeknotes
- Zarino Zappia: This video about DoES Liverpool, by Ethos Magazine, is bloody awesome. youtu.be/h97Nzks-eDc #weeknotes
- dynamicdevices: Remote debugging Visual Studio 2017 #Mono #Android App on Amazon #Firestick.I wonder if we can link this to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Pez Cuckow: The scraps drawer is now vaguely organised and a bunch of smaller cuts have been tidied up with the band saw or thr… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Pez Cuckow: Engravings of our dog, Bonelli, on MDF, lots of trial and error #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/np1SxIVvwX
- DoES Liverpool: Time-lapse of laser etched portrait of Pez Cuckow by @pezmc
- MCQN Ltd: Cutting a couple more #ackers_bell #prototypes #weeknotes #ibal169 @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BVM-7TNloys/
- MCQN Ltd: Trying out an AxiDraw #CNC #plotter with something from my quotes file #weeknotes #ibal176 @… instagram.com/p/BVNAaZhlnko/
- Adrian McEwen: Added an Evil Mad Scientist #AxiDraw drawn quote from the late, great Red Burns to the DoES Liverpool workshop door #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/J6UWJKPIz5
- Jackie Pease: Display shelving waiting to be painted white – for DoES Liverpool stand at #lpoolmakefest on 24 June #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/WtHx7VgEGV
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 12 June, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 15 June, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 183 open, 331 closed
5 new issues:
- Reorder labels for the Dymo printer.
- Mains flex on the Dyson has a dodgy connection
- Keep Track of Payments Made in the Workshop
- Fire Safety Precautions
- Add the ‘What is DoES?’ link to top nav of site
No issues closed
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!