Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- chris huffee: Teaching my #microbit Vogon poetry.
- Adrian McEwen: Having my assumptions about level of sustainable design/production in DoES Liverpool challenged while providing Future Makespaces feedback #weeknotes
- Guy Fraser: Inspired by makespace, we’ve added risk classes to the DoES Liverpool wiki github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/yeEP3GvqN8
- Def-Proc: Some days, it’s the day when you make tiny paper I-beams #weeknotes Red-Violet pic.twitter.com/fByJPuQ85X
- dynamicdevices: I love it when things “just work”(tm) Thanks to Def-Proc TTN Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/98PybwhrdA
- Jackie Pease: Sewing machine & overlocker for general use DoES Liverpool (in Dinky cupboard) #weeknotes twitter.com/Laura_pullig/s…
- MCQN Ltd: Doing some museuminabox_ audio testing today #weeknotes #ibal151 Comparing speakers, amps, i2s… instagram.com/p/BT6qcNZlj_h/
- Guy Fraser: Learning about Shore Hardness while stuck at home on #makernight: smooth-on.com/page/durometer… DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/VkS01CfXoi
- Ross Dalziel: Another design hybrid #cruffin #muiffssont DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/oBzJVQQSxd
- Def-Proc: Yay, 500 somebody-should issues for DoES Liverpool github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes #halfwayTo10^3 #base10rules
- dynamicdevices: Tomorrow’s 3D printing job #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/BnjQBFWSVQ
- Ross Dalziel: . Hannah Stewart DoES Liverpool yoghurt free but w/ useless nuts that fell off into M6 nuts in #Milecastles push 😉 #M&S #fail #weeknotes
- chris huffee: Designing a t-shirt at makerday for Freshmite101’s YouTube channel youtube.com/channel/UCcg4N… #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/OEj8dN8xLH
- chris huffee: DoES Liverpool Pez Cuckow Adrian McEwen Crocodile clip sweatshop for tomorrow’s Liverpool Code Club #microbits session #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/oeqr8SfScJ
- Ross Dalziel: I suck at frustration! Liverpool MakeFest #codeclub #makerdifference #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IH53QdcdJ1
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 15 May, 6:00pm-8:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 17 May, 6:30pm-8:00pm||Friends of the Earth|
|Thursday 18 May, 12:00pm-1:00pm||Organisers’ Meeting|
|Thursday 18 May, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 169 open, 331 closed
4 new issues:
- bring the tea towels back
- Suggestion: Sample boards for laser cutters
- Is Sophia really an LS3040?
- Feedback wanted: Equipment risk categories
3 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!