Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Def-Proc: If you’re thinking of working in DoES Liverpool tomorrow, it ∗might∗ be Guinness Cake Day #fairwarning #weeknotes
- dynamicdevices: #FreeBoard dashboard connected to #MQtt with temperature gauge. Next the ESP8255 temp. sensor for the bin… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Def-Proc: Proof of life #weeknotes #GuinnessCakeDay DoES Liverpool pic.twitter.com/6AxF0il9gi
- dynamicdevices: E-ink boards now assembled in China and ready for testing #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/DwP1UCdzNe
- DoES Liverpool: If you were wondering whether or not to come and work in DoES today, Def-Proc‘s yearly Guinness cake is here. Just… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- dynamicdevices: #BeerSense dev. underway! Pycom #LoPy with DS18B20 monitoring brew temp. Reporting via #MQtt to #FreeBoard dash… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- dynamicdevices: #BeerSense #NodeRED flow to check temperature bounds and publish #MQtt messages / email when brew is too hot/cold… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Made Invaders: Sneaky peek of tshirts for Maker Faire UK #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/RvNrzdJMkJ
- Will Robinson: Had my first go at soldering (attaching jumper pins to an LCD1602) and still have all of my fingers. DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: The finished installation #weeknotes (we just did the motor and speed control, it’s nice to see… instagram.com/p/BR_RP8Qh3l-/
- Adrian McEwen: Some good short films on #IoT data and ethics that BBC R&D made (I was among the experts interviewed) dlvr.it/Nj6CWq #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 27 March, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Wednesday 29 March, 6:00pm-7:30pm||Let’s Make a Documentary Meetup|
|Thursday 30 March, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 01 April, 10:00am-Sunday 02 April, 4:00pm||We’ll be in Newcastle for Maker Faire UK|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 174 open, 294 closed
No new issues
3 issues closed:
Ultimaker Extended is having problems extruding Sophia is down on power Apply for Liverpool Make Fest
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!