Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Testing solenoid mounting points today #indiemfg #ibal169 #weeknotes @ DoES Liverpool instagram.com/p/BNXUqISgagT/
- Neil Winterburn: In preparation for #CriticalKits Ross Dalziel spent the past 5 years tying himself to the master of maker culture DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Neil Winterburn: I mean “Preparing for #CriticalKits Ross Dalziel spent the past 5 years tying himself to the mast of makerculture DoES Liverpool .” #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Pretty much set for #CriticalKits 2moro criticalkits.re-dock.org w/ Re-Dock Small Cinema Lpl #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/31ljD5dRYc
- Adrian McEwen: Now I need to check I’ve got all the components, and fire up the reflow oven! #weeknotes twitter.com/MCQN_Ltd/statu…
- Def-Proc: Just popping another batch of Manuela buttons in the post ready for install #weeknotes
- Ross Dalziel: Moss code at #CriticalKits #on #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/GOUFPY0OzH
- Ross Dalziel: Alternative Instagram platform complete #CriticalKits #on #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/KMKBay0ay8
- Ross Dalziel: #CriticalKits #on #weeknotes talking ‘kit-like’ antecedents pic.twitter.com/FJkTx3zeXQ
- Ross Dalziel: Playing the wray castle board game #CriticalKits #weeknotes we need a boardgames as #documentation festival! pic.twitter.com/pGnBHgJOaX
- DoES Liverpool: It’s a red letter day – we’ve just opened issue 400 in our repo of things that you can help with in DoES. github.com/DoESLiverpool/… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Pick a snowflake & colour 2 light up MCQN Ltd‘s #Christmas project for #SnowflakeTrail mcqn.com/posts/snowflak… #weeknotes #red #cheerlights
- Jodi Schneider: A story from Arvind Sathi‘s new #IoT book doi.org/bvc8 on Minoru Asada’s robot er.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/asadalab/… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 05 December, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Sewing Club|
|Tuesday 06 December, 6:00pm-7:00pm||Organisers’ Meeting|
|Wednesday 07 December, 7:00pm-9:00pm|
|Thursday 08 December, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 10 December, 10:00am-5:00pm||Maker Day|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 164 open, 238 closed
6 new issues:
- Gerald needs aligning
- Finish off the svgraph application for the laser cutter
- Prints Adam and Felicity don’t have labels
- Ultimaker 2 extended has bad horizontal tolerance
- Review material charging for Vinyl cutter. What about 3D printers?
- Order new Melzi board and replace electronics in UP3 printers
2 issues closed:
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email email@example.com with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!