Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: #LoRaWAN testing TTN Liverpool network in DoES Liverpool. My device from Andrew‘s #oshcamp The Things Network wkshp just worked! #weeknotes
- TTN Liverpool: With successful testing we’re declaring Liverpool’s The Things Network gateway at DoES Liverpool as open! #weeknotes
- shrkey ☠: A Dark Water Julius update – Neater cabling and more…
- HEX: You can do a lot with 2016 dots, a laser cutter and an afternoon DoES Liverpool #makernight #weeknotes #liverpool pic.twitter.com/McxiFVoikb
- Adrian McEwen: “Boom! You’ve got encrypted email from your mum”. Just your usual post livlug chat post meeting in the pub with Paul M Furley #weeknotes
- Seán Gleeson: DoES Liverpool has a new member today – he didn’t even remember to bring cake #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/B4c7Y1N2ZN
- John McKerrell: Wondering if there’s an interesting number with the value “a bit more than 5” after DoES Liverpool‘s π birthday party #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Good githubbing from Steve, Ross Dalziel and Def-Proc on the DoES Liverpool somebody-should issue list of late. #weeknotes
- Fiona McLauchlan: I roped Toto into doing my work today DoES Liverpool #whatbigearsyouhave #doyouspeakgerman #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/ssQcRtJXrs
- HEX: DoES Liverpool tiles fresh from the kiln. Now for some glazing. Baltic Clay #liverpool #weeknotes #makernight pic.twitter.com/GicoNlAWrA
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Monday 12 September, 7:00pm-9:00pm||Wearables Group|
|Thursday 15 September, 6:30pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 17 September, 10:00am-3:00pm||Introduction to Laser Cutting|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 141 open, 203 closed
7 new issues:
- Get details for more possible new-DoES locations
- Gerald bed is sloping toward the window
- Sophia has a slight wobble in one direction on the y-axis
- Create a DoES Liverpool chores list on the wiki
- The clock on the wall in Dinky needs a battery(?)
- When datuming Sophia, the head sometimes stops out of the corner
- Internet is slow
3 issues closed:
- Internet is slow
- Sophia is slipping when doing engraves and cuts on both axes
- We need to dispose of the remaining oscilloscopes
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!