Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: Working round a DNS-related bug in the DoES Liverpool #iot heating system #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/nF4ybQh0nj
- Adrian McEwen: Pitch event & showcase for #startups across UK with at least 1 woman co-founder, apply now for #5050tech bit.ly/5050techchalle… #weeknotes
- John McKerrell: Potential new DoES Liverpool home, head torches available to rent? Decoration theme is “dystopia” #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/fRotzSb1yS
- John Harrison: So! I have spent most of my evening fixing Gerald the laser cutter. His bed wasn’t level which meant it was impossible to cut the mdf for the studio shelves.
Fortunately I’ve managed to (mostly) fix him by propping up the grill the material sits on. I’ve done alot of testing and he is looking good so far!
Fingers crossed I can my shelves done tonight!
#lasercutting #weeknotes #problemsolving #studio
- DoES Liverpool: #weeknotes twitter.com/DefProc/status…
- Def-Proc: I had fun showing Wavemaker around DoES Liverpool yesterday wavemaker.org.uk/2016/01/21/wav… #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Alternative standing desk design here at DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/2AfKxvYdaD
- John Harrison: A little preview of something I’ve been working on this evening 🙂 We’ll chuffed as it works really well!
#weeknotes #3dprint #ultimaker #brushholder
- DoES Liverpool: Good to see the DoES Liverpool cycling infrastructure put to good use #LivPCT #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/IKg83WtBic
- MerseyCycleCampaign: Great #LivPCT #hackday with Thx to Robin Lovelace Rachel Aldred Clare Linton & Nikolai Berkoff. Thx also to DoES Liverpool #weeknotes
- Def-Proc: Leaving things to nearly the last minute. And the DoES Liverpool Maker Faire UK application is now submitted! #weeknotes
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 28 January, 6:30pm-9:30pm
|Friday 29 January, 7:00pm-9:00pm
|Open Source Telephony Enthusiasts’ Group
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 123 open, 131 closed
6 new issues:
- Make pull up signs for exhibits
- The cheap soldering irons have all stopped working
- The workshop needs some more soldering kit
Heating is down locally
- Gerald’s bed is wandering quite far out of level. Query: Belt driving jacking screws slipping resulting in uneven adjustment of levels?
Gerald’s beam is crescent shaped
3 issues closed:
Heating is down locally Gerald’s beam is crescent shaped The preferred DNS server on the new network refuses requests
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!