Each week we’ll endeavour to publish some details of the interesting things that members of DoES Liverpool have been up to over the past seven days. You can find out a bit more about them in our introductory post.
And remember, if you’re involved with DoES Liverpool at all, let us know what you get up to so we can include it here!
Things of Note
- MCQN Ltd: Behind the scenes today at @DoESLiverpool, with #bbcmakeitdigital team filming http://bionicbaylee.com #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: Http://bionicbaylee.com kicks off a #3dprint #enablingthefuture hand for the #bbcmakeitdigital film crew #weeknotes
- Francis Irving: Julian Todd about to take off in Oswestry, testing his hang glider data loggers made in @DoesLiverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/7RMxLMXz0Q
- Liverpool SewingClub: Woo Hoo, we now have an Overlocker available for use at Liverpool Sewing Club DoES Liverpool #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/dSYYn24vHD
- MCQN Ltd: https://instagram.com/p/59fCJVDVXg/ Bed levelling. Step 1 in milling our own PCB. #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: Loving how t’DoES Liverpool community is big enough for us to cover 3 events on Saturday. Yay thingomy Jackie Pease chris huffee! #weeknotes
- Adrian McEwen: .DoES Liverpool Plus Brett Lempereur Mark Sabino Ross Dalziel Def-Proc #MakeFest #MakerDay #BuildYourOwn #DesktopProsthetics #weeknotes
- Francis Irving: Our MCQN Ltd ‘ackers’ bell now rings when anyone signs up to pdftables.com #weeknotes @DoesLiverpool pic.twitter.com/Wk029WPBaR
- MCQN Ltd: https://instagram.com/p/6Au6XPjVQM/ Isolation cut. Step 2 in milling our own PCB. #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: https://instagram.com/p/6AxKDlDVU9/ Drilling the holes for the through-hole components. Step 3 in milling our own PCB. #weeknotes
- MCQN Ltd: The finished PCB. Next to see if it works! (There should be an edge cutting step too, but we don’t have the right milling bit for that) #weeknotes
- Mark Sabino: Big thanks to @tammspace for the loan of their power supply for Laser Challenge #weeknotes #makefest
- Def-Proc: I’ve spent a very Zen afternoon doing maintenance on the #BuildYourOwn ULTIMAKER GB at Jen at FACT #weeknotes pic.twitter.com/syTUXgdThw
Coming Up in the Next Week
|Thursday 13 August, 6:00pm-9:00pm||Maker Night|
|Saturday 15 August||DoES Prosthetics Interest Group (time TBD)|
The DoES Liverpool to-do list is stored in the issues of our Somebody Should repository on github. Head over there if there’s something you’d like to report, or if you want to help out fixing things.
Issue counts: 87 open, 97 closed
3 new issues:
- Gerald needs better extraction
- Buy new milling bits to make PCB milling easier
- Small CNC mill end stops need setting up
4 issues closed:
Y-axis doesn’t run over its full travel X and Y axes are mirrored Need to buy more black bin bags somebody should fix the broken strip light in the main room
DoES exists to support the community that uses DoES. If you use DoES, then you are part of that community. If you would like to publicise something related to DoES, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the formatted content for us to use as a new blog post. Tell us what you’re up to, and we’ll show the world what epic stuff happens at DoES!